17

"I give up!" Sora flopped onto the grass of Katsuki's backyard, panting heavily after what seemed like their 400th round of sparring. "You win!" Her chest rose and fell with her large breaths as she stared up at the darkening sky.

"Yeah, no kidding," Katsuki muttered. He sat down beside her with a huff and simply watched her as she gazed upward with tired eyes. "You have a lot to work on." Sora scoffed.

"Yeah, that's why I'm here." The two had spent all evening throwing punches, most of which were Katsuki's considering Sora wasn't nearly as good as him when it came to close combat. Plus, his quick reflexes were godly compared to Sora's who typically relied on her quirk for quick movements. "Gotta learn from the best." She gingerly poked at his abdomen before having her hand swatted away.

"You're damn right," he yelled. His narrowed eyes bored into her own, not reflecting the same playful nature as her blue ones. "You're lucky you're tolerable."

"Just barely," she teased with a wink. Sora sat up in a criss-cross position and turned her head to stare at him. This made the boy snicker slightly for a reason she couldn't figure out. She cocked her head to the side like a puppy. "What?"

"You have grass in your hair, dumbass." She scooted closer to him and tilted her head down.

"Help me?" Katsuki grunted a reply and began sifting through her soft silver locks for the small blades of earth caught between her tresses. He also shook out the ends so there was no dirt. "Never thought I'd hear the great Kastuki laugh."

"Just because I don't laugh often doesn't mean I don't know how to." He finished combing through her hair and rested his hand on the crown of her head as they talked.

"You'd rather just laugh at people's shortcomings, huh?"

"Especially Deku's." The two shared a laugh, Sora slowly but surely getting lost in the sight of his smile. She couldn't help but tackle him in a hug, knowing that she'd have to be quick as he wasn't exactly one for physical affections. He fell back with a grunt as Sora laid on top of him, their legs tangled together and her cheek smushed into his chest. He was about to yell at her for her rambunctious actions but stopped at the sound of her gentle voice.

"You should smile more often." She shut her eyes and relaxed her body against his radiating heat in the cool evening. The mellow tone of her voice calmed the raging boy and prompted him to relax, throwing one hand behind his head for support while the other remained in her hair. "You look so beautiful when you do..."

A flustered blush rose to his cheeks as he stared up into the sky. He was positive that she could hear the hard thrumming of his heart in his chest. No one had ever said something like that to him; not even his own parents. Hearing something so gentle aimed toward him was unusual and he couldn't deny that it felt good.

"I should be saying that to you," his fingers began flowing between her locks of hair again, "idiot..." She simply hummed and nuzzled further into him. While their relationship was still new, the two could both say that they felt comfortable with one another. In fact, this was the most comfortable the two had ever felt and refused to move. While it was unspoken, they could agree that they never wanted this to end.

After about a half-hour of lazing around together, Sora yawned and felt her eyelids begin to stick together.

"It's getting late..." Sora tilted her head up to look at him only to find him already gazing down at her. A heat rose to her cheeks causing her to hide her face back in his chest. "I should probably leave."

"Where are you gonna go?" Sora shrugged and took a deep breath of his burnt-sugar scent that she had come to love so much. Katsuki tsked and removed his free hand from her hair and used it to trap her body against his. "Just stay here."