21

"Right. The test exercise will begin shortly." Class 1-A stood in front of a line of the many pro-heroes who worked at U.A. The written exam had just finished less than an hour before and Sora's nerves were on fire since the end of it. She wasn't dumb by any means, but she was worried about how her test score would affect her class ranking.

Now, the students were crowded together, all adorned by their hero costumes. "Obviously, you can fail this test, too. So, if you want to head to the first lodge, then we'd better not see any pitiful blunders from you." Sora narrowed her icy blue eyes at the line of teachers who would be assessing them.

If we're just fighting robots, then surely Aizawa can examine us by himself...

"I've no doubt you all learned what information you could of the test beforehand," came a voice from inside Aizawa's scarf. "So, I think you already hold a vague notion of what you are to do."

"Sure," exclaimed the dunce Kaminari. "Just like the Entrance Exam, it'll be like a Musou game only with robots!"

"Sorry!" Nezu suddenly popped out from within Aizawa's capture weapon with a paw raised. "I'm afraid not! Due to various reasons, we're changing the contents of the test starting today!"

"What do you mean?" The mouse-man slid down from the scruffy man's shoulder, using the scarf as a rope.

"From now on, we'll focus our tests more on one-on-one battle activities and emphasizing a teaching environment closer to that of real battle. Which, boys and girls," his upbeat tone turned deeper and more serious, "is all to say that henceforth, we will have you form pairs to engage in combat with one of these here educators!"

Sora gulped as she stared at the lineup. Midnight, Thirteen, Aizawa, Principal Nezu, Snipe, Present Mic, Cementoss, Ectoplasm, Hound Dog... None of them were good matchups for her abilities. Sure, she could beat them, but that wasn't 100% the point in this exam. She knew that there was gonna be some kind of catch. "Now, who all of you are paired with and which teacher you'll be fighting has already been decided.

"The way you tend to move, your grades, and your degree of familiarity... We personally judged how you'll be pairing up based on all sorts of things... With one exception." For some reason, Sora's eyes were drawn to those of her homeroom teacher who seemed to grin back at her. This made the electricity in her veins spark and she could begin to feel her panic rise through her chest. "Arashi Sora. Due to the nature of your quirk, we've decided to alter your examination. You will be the sole participant of the first match against Aizawa."

The female took a hesitant step back, unsure of why she was being singled out and beginning to ready her defenses.

"Why?" Her question came out as more of a demand for information.

"The other examinees will be given an extra option in order to pass the exam. However, your quirk makes that option far too easy." She tsked and averted her eyes to the ground, frustration clearly set on her silver brows. "As for the rest of you... Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Shoji will face off against Snipe. Midoriya, you're with Bakugou as a team."

The entire class could feel the tension brewing between the two, especially the rage that wafted off of Bakugou in waves. "As for who your opponent will be..."

"I'm here," interrupted a familiar voice. A broad boom echoed from his throat with every word he proclaimed. "To oblige! Now, cooperate and come at me to win, Wonder Duo!" All Might stood proudly. His sheer size alone made Sora shiver, she couldn't imagine how the two boys were feeling. She'd be scared shitless if it was her in their shoes.

"The ten teams will be starting in their respective stages simultaneously," announced the scruffy hero. "The general outline of the test will be explained by each of the teachers you'll be battling. You're to be transported by the campus buses. Time is precious, so get in them promptly."

Many of the students warily met up with their partners and teachers and filed toward the buses which would drive them around campus. However, Sora remained frozen in her place. "Come on," coaxed Aizawa as he walked past her. "Time is of the essence." She gulped thickly and followed the man at a safe distance toward their own transport. She watched as he sat right at the front near the driver and used her quirk to put distance between them. She dropped at the back of the bus, her quirk still very much activated as she was on high alert.

Aizawa spun to look at the girl only to find her glowing eyes trained on him which a crease between her brows. She was scared... defensive. It suddenly made him question the integrity of his student. "There's no need to be scared. Just think of it as fighting one of your classmates."

"Fighting?!" Aizawa sighed.

"Each team will face off against a Pro Hero with two options: either they defeat or handcuff the teacher, or they escape as a team. That way, if the team knows that they can't defeat us in a fight, there is always an option to retreat and await backup. However," his dark eyes peered into her own. "Your quirk makes the escape option too easy and it doesn't offer much presentation value for your exam. Plus, you're probably the strongest student in 1-A so it's safe to say that you can handle yourself against me."

"Why am I fighting you, of all people?"

"That's just what we decided as a committee."

The bus suddenly came to a stop and allowed the two to get off in a suburban residential area. Sora cracked her neck and awaited his instruction. "We'll separate to opposite sides of the stage and then the fight will begin." Sora nodded and prepared to jump to her designated corner of the map. "And don't forget," he stopped her, "I have every intention of beating you, so give it your all." Her lips settled into a thin line.

"I don't know if you really want to see my 'all', Sensei." With that, she jumped to her starting point and started to prepare herself for her most serious battle ever. Sure, he wouldn't be as strong as Bakugou, but he was able to erase her quirk and he had eons more experience than she did. With eyes glowing, she shut her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Start!"