11

The first-year class all awaited anxiously inside of 1-A's personal waiting room while the stands filled with heroes and paparazzi alike. Many grouped together at tables and made small talk in an attempt to calm their nerves. However, Sora found comfort in her own mind in the corner of the room. Her arms were crossed and her form was slouched in an almost uncomfortable position. She wasn't nervous about this festival―not one bit. She was more concerned about how Shigaraki was watching with a sharp eye.

Ever since the USJ incident, he had piqued an interest in Midoriya Izuku's power and was using this opportunity to figure him out. Something about his evil grin told her he had his own secret motives, though.

All tension that might have been alleviated through chatter immediately resurfaced as Todoroki made his presence known in the center of the room.

"Midoriya," he began coldly.

"What is it, Todoroki?"

"On an objective basis, I think I'm above you in terms of practical strength."

"Wha―" Midoriya muttered, flustered by his classmate's sudden comment. "Uh, yeah..."

"You've managed to get All Might's eyes on you, right?" Not only was the green-haired boy surprised by Todoroki's accusation, but it also made Sora cock a brow. It made her assumptions of the boy that much more accurate. "I feel no need to pry into that, but I'm going to beat you," he declared. Then, his cold stare immediately shifted to the loner in the corner who returned his harsh stare. "That goes for you, too, Arashi."

The girl scoffed at the use of her unwanted name and spun her head in the opposite direction.

"Oho?! What's this?" Kaminari's pestering voice only made this scenario more obnoxious. "A declaration of war from the strongest kid in class?" Kirishima, on the other hand, was quick to try and break up the tension that had slowly become suffocating to everyone around them.

"What's with the belligerence all of a sudden?! Don't spring this on them right before―"

"I'm not here to play nice and make friends," the half and half boy said harshly. "But whatever."

"I had no intention of being your friend in the first place," Sora quickly shot back. Everyone was shocked at her sudden outburst and her now―almost evil―grinning face as she leered at the male.

"Don't antagonize him," Kirishima begged her. However, she ignored him and continued her stare. Midoriya could only bunch up his shirt between his fists.

"I have no idea what you want from me, telling me all that... You're definitely stronger than me. I think the vast majority of people are probably no match for you, looking at it objectively." Kirishima's continued attempts at being the mediator were completely ignored by his classmates. "Even so, everyone―even kids from other departments are aiming for the top with all their might! So, not even I can just let myself lag behind the rest."

Midoriya finally dropped his cowardice act and stood up for himself directly to his enemy. "So, I'm going to go for it with all my might, too!"

Sora pushed herself off the wall and scanned the entire room, now finding determined faces amongst the entire class. It seems as though the boy's words acted as some sort of pep-talk for them all. After that, the class was quick to exit the room with a new spring in their steps.

The silver-haired girl fell into her own world as Present Mic's booming voice destroyed her eardrums. She was going to block it out to the best of her ability. All of the other first-year classes also made their way into the stadium where Midnight waited for them to gather around her small stage in the middle.