23

2:36 PM "Meeting tonight. Don't be late."

Sora grazed her nimble fingers through thick, ash-blonde locks in order to soothe the sleeping male's aches and perhaps draw him out of his slumber in a peaceful manner. When she had first arrived in the infirmary, she found it empty except for the sleeping boy and quickly perched next to him in a vacant seat. Evidence of his battle was prominent in his body and attire. His beloved gauntlets were nowhere to be found and his arms were laid stiff out by his sides. The tension in his muscles was a clear sign of a struggle with his quirk which was a dead giveaway that he had overused it in an attempt to overpower the Number One Hero.

His left cheek was also bruised and swelling slightly from what she could only assume was the knockout punch. Her blood boiled on the notion that a teacher―the Number One Hero, over all the rest―could bear to inflict this kind of damage to a student―a child! Above all, she could tell just by looking at his dehydrated lips that he had somehow thrown up during the battle... She should've been the one to battle All Might and teach him a lesson.

His serene eyes suddenly squinted and a deep groan escaped his dry throat. Sora moved quickly to grab a water bottle from one of the cabinets and proceeded back to her act of combing through his hair. His ruby eyes stared at the ceiling blankly for a moment and then somehow managed to find hers as he craned his neck to the left.

"Good morning," she joked with a smile. Her hand never left his head as she lifted up the beverage to his eye level. "Drink some water and rehydrate." He simply blinked at her and then made an attempt to sit up. Which failed miserably. The pain in his abdomen from being punched around like a heavy bag kept him glued to the bed.

Sora stood from her seat and helped lift him up by his shoulders and then sat behind him so he could rest against her shoulder and not have to worry about straining his muscles. He gently took the water from her grasp and chugged about half the bottle before twisting the cap back on and resting it between his legs. "Rough battle?" He scoffed at her choice of conversation.

"You have no fucking idea," he rasped out. She returned to playing with his hair, knowing it was calming for him. "His last hit on me," he looked down at his hands, finding them beaten up and throbbing. "Was the first time I've felt in danger. I thought it would kill me."

"What a ridiculous idea," she scolded. "How dare they put you guys through something like that. No student should be fighting the Number One Hero. And he didn't even go easy on you!"

"No," he barked. "The worst part about any of this is that he was going easy. We'd really be dead if he came at us full force." Sora noticed how he looked down, feeling like he'd never live up to that expectation he had for himself. If he couldn't beat All Might at his weakest, how could he ever beat him at his best?

"Katsuki." Her slightly demanding tone drew his eyes to meet with hers, finding them focused and stern. "That kind of power is impressive, no doubt. But unlike yours, it won't last forever." He knew exactly what she meant. All Might's decline. All Might himself and even the League of Villains mentioned it. He's not the hero he used to be. Still incredibly strong, but not as strong as before.

Finally finding a bit of his strength, Bakugou turned on the bed to sit beside the girl. He scanned her up and down, looking for any signs of a struggle. As per usual, he found none. Nothing but a perfect slate, like Aizawa hadn't even managed to lay a finger on her. He cleared his throat, not wanting it to seem like he was checking her out.

"I don't even know if I passed..."

"You did," she confirmed. "Even though you passed out at the end of the battle, Midoriya brought both of you to the gate." He cocked a brow at her sudden knowledge of the event. "I was there to watch the end of it."