31

The League of Villains were cooped up in the bar. Shigaraki had called upon them to regroup in order to watch U.A.'s press conference. The leader wanted everyone to watch how their small job had shaken Japan's hero society in the matter of just a few days. How the Pro Hero's had to apologize for their failure... It was entertaining for Tomura.

Sora stood behind the bar with Kurogiri with her body tucked away in one of Bakugou's old hoodies that he had given her one night. Nothing had been spoken between the two of them after she had confessed her love to him before leaving, but the conversation was still fresh in the boy's mind. He had been thinking about her words all day. He couldn't forget them.

And now here she was in his hoodie, completely spaced out as she tried to ignore everything her "leader" tried to tell them. She could feel red eyes piercing straight into her but she wouldn't dare to make contact or she might make a rash decision.

Bakugou couldn't pull his eyes away. Even though he was listening to the TV that blared the voices of his teachers, his mind was solely on the girl. They were both there, but their fingers were slipping from each other's grasps.

"It's quite mysterious, isn't it?" Sora's head lifted as Shigaraki began speaking highly of their accomplishments. "Why are the heroes getting criticized? Their response was just a little too slow! Is it because it's their job to protect the kids? Everybody makes a mistake or two! Are they saying that they can't make a single mistake?

"Heroes these days are under some pretty strict standards, huh? Yo, Bakugou!"

Sora tilted her head and finally made eye contact with the blonde who gave her a look of "can you believe this idiot?" She almost wanted to laugh but kept it to herself. Instead, she focused her attention on the door to the bar. A mass of energy had gathered outside and she knew that this event was coming to a close. "The queerness of converting human life into money and selfish pursuits...

"And a society that codifies that suspect thinking into its rules... Citizens that criticize losers who should instead be cheered on... Our battle is one of questions. What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society really just? We want each and every individual to think about these things. We intend to win this battle.

"You also like winning, don't you?" Shigaraki then pointed to the kid. "Dabi, remove his bindings." Bakugou perked up, shifting his head to finally look at their leader. Sora tucked herself into the corner near the entrance to the back room. She had a bad feeling about this.

"This guy's going to go ballistic, you know." It was funny how eager Dabi was to get close to Bakugou just the other day, yet he feared for his life now.

"It's okay. We have to treat him as an equal. We're scouting him out, after all. Besides..." The silver-haired girl stared at Bakugou, praying that he was smart enough not to come out fighting right off the bat. "He should be able to tell from the current situation that he has no possibility of winning if he goes off here. Right, U.A. student?"

"Twice, free him." The man refused yet proceeded to do as told regardless. That was simply the way he was; constantly contradicting himself.

"I apologize for taking such a forceful approach with you," Mr. Compress began his ever-so-polite speech. "However, please understand that we're not just a group of hoodlums endeavoring to perpetrate evil acts. We didn't casually decide to abduct you." The blonde boy, finally released from his bindings, rubbed at his sore wrists. "Everyone here has different circumstances, but people... rules... heroes... We're all shackled by them. You too, you should understa―"

Before the League could even process it, Bakugou had leapt from his seat and blasted Shigaraki right in the face. Sora leaned on her toes, sweating over what possible reaction her leader would have to the assault. If it were anyone else, he would kill them on the spot. But would he do the same with the teen? She sure hoped not.

"I stayed quiet and listened to you blabbering on and on! Idiots don't know how to summarize things so they go on forever." The leader of the group regained his step, a menacing aura beginning to seep through his skin. "Basically, 'we want to make people hate us, so join us please,' right?!" Sora gulped as she could feel the bloodlust radiating off of Tomura with only the counter separating them. "It's pointless."

Katsuki gave a snarling grin with his chin tilted up, intentionally looking down on the scrawny man. His gums peaked out as his lips curled upward, showcasing his shining canines. "I've been won over by the way All Might looks when he wins. You all can say what you want, but nothing can change my mind about that."

Shigaraki glanced down to the deceased hand that the blonde had blown off of his face. His red eyes were shielded by his light-blue hair, masking the murderous intent that laid in them. A silence had settled over the bar as the press conference continued to make way over the television speakers. They listened as Principal Nezu and Aizawa Shoto went on to praise the tenacity of their missing student, only fueling his ego more in the confined space.

He huffed a laugh, his smile unfaltering. "U.A and the teachers... You heard what they said. That's how it is, you shithead alliance," he boomed. He took a feral stance, challenging them even when deep down he prayed they wouldn't start a fight.

Such a large-scale attack to that extent, only to end up with me, a single person. They're invested in me, just like Sora said. I'm an important person of value. Sweat rolled down his tanned face as he tried to think up an escape plan. Seeing that they're after my "heart", they're not seriously trying to kill me.

His fingers twitched, his red eyes shifting noticeably toward his classmate who was already looking back at him. Her wide, blue eyes heeded warning as if telling him not to act irrationally and play it safe. But this was Bakugou Katsuki. There are seven of them, not including Sora. She says she's on my side... So, I'll remove her from this for now. Before they change their minds... I'm gonna kill two or three of them and bust my way out of here! "I'm just telling you now, my combat authorizations have not been revoked, got it?"

They all remained disbelieving of his words, but Sora knew better. Bakugou Katsuki was many things, but he wasn't a liar. And he wouldn't say random things he didn't mean, even if it meant saving his life. He was too honest for that. "I'm not the type to lie about things I don't want to do. I also have no desire to stick around in this shithole."

Shigaraki suddenly spun back to face the blonde, his eyes wickedly glaring at the high school student. The bloodlust made the blonde gulp, his eyes straining in sudden fear as his body tensed for an incoming attack. Yet, the man remained calm, encouraging the others to leave the boy alone as well.

"Stay out of this, you guys." The scratchy man leaned down to retrieve his fallen hand, securing it back in its place covering his facial features. "This one is an important piece." He sighed, looking at the fallen chair. "If possible, I would have liked for you to hear me out... I thought that maybe you could understand."

"No chance," Bakugou spat.

"Then, I've got no chance. The heroes say they're carrying out an investigation. We don't have the time to leisurely persuade you. Teacher," he called. "Lend me your strength."

Sora suddenly tensed as she felt new presences surrounding the building they were in. She gulped, inching away from the counter and toward the back of the bar so she could try and hide at a moment's notice.

"Teacher? You mean you're not the boss? What a joke." Shigaraki then commanded the team to put the boy back to sleep, tired of this persuasion which was going nowhere.

I want to blow my way out of here with some heavy firepower, but that warp-asshole will probably get in my way... Think! One way or another, I need to distract 'em and make for that door behind me. Bakugou's eyes trailed to Sora again, but this time, she was staring intently at the brick wall on the opposite side of the bar. She looked worried―scared. "If you want me to listen to you, you can go shove it and die!"

A sudden knock on the door of the bar startled everyone into silence. Sora's eyes were blown wide and her body suddenly froze. Was this it? Was this the end? Was this how it all came to a close?

"Hello! Pizza delivery~!"