10

Sora had just finished changing back into her school uniform and was heading back to classroom 1-A to grab her belongings. Kirishima exited the boys' changing room at the same time as her and ran off around the corner. She assumed he hadn't seen her for he would've acknowledged her. However, she ignored it and idled back as planned.

"Yo, Bakugou!" Kirishima jogged to catch up with the explosive blonde who had stormed out of the changing room so he could go back to class before everyone. The redhead's hand clasped onto his shoulder, stopping him from moving any farther away from him.

Bakugou couldn't quite tell what the boy's sudden approach was about but something in his gut told him it wasn't good. Sora, on the other hand, halted around the corner to listen to the boys. She hadn't realized that the redhead was trying to catch up with Bakugou which now cleared up why he was running. "So, you and Sora, huh?" Her breath caught in her throat.

"The fuck are you on about?" Bakugou was so not in the mood to deal with this. It was gonna stay between them since it was their business after all.

"Oh come on, dude! Don't act like I don't know! Why else would you invite her to train with you?"

"Because she's strong."

"You never ask me to train."

"Exactly." Sora chuckled as she heard Kirishima choke out a groan. "Your point?" Kirishima sighed.

"I saw you guys," he confessed.

"Saw what? Me blasting her ass to space?"

"Don't play dumb, Bakugou. I saw her hugging you and I saw how she kissed you. You don't need to lie to me about this."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, then I guess you don't remember taking your shirts off either." Bakugou tsked at the nosy redhead, wanting to blow his mouth off. "You both looked really happy and I just wanted to let you know that I support it."

Sora's heart would've swelled with appreciation if it hadn't been for the blonde's bad mouth.

"You're supporting nothing. There's nothing going on between―"

"How can you keep saying that when I saw you? I haven't known you that long, but I know you don't let just anyone close to you."

"Look, Shitty Hair. It happened but it's done. There's nothing between her and I, and it won't happen again. It was a mistake on my part." It was like a flipped switch. The love Sora's chest filled with had vanished and was replaced with the cold shell of a human that she had grown to know. All hope she'd had at maybe―just maybe―finally being happy was gone. "This never happened. Don't mention that extra again."

And with that, the boys continued their way to class, not speaking another word to each other. Sora released a shaky breath in an attempt to stable her emotions. One more snap and she could short out the entire school. However, her eyes never stopped glowing as her power fluctuated.

"Sora?" Said girl tensed at the sound of Ashido's voice. "Why are you standing there?" The girl moved around the corner without a word and made her way to the classroom. Anger was swimming in her head. She wished she had taken the chance to train with him seriously―beat him to a pulp. She trudged along, suddenly remembering exactly what she was here for.

"You're a hero, Sora," she reminded herself. "You're not here to play house with some angsty wannabe." With that being said, she slammed class 1-A's door open and glided over to her desk with confidence. Sitting patiently behind hers was none other than the blonde wretch who had ruined her idea of aspiring heroes and high school.

She felt his ruby gaze along her body but chose to ignore it. She slammed her seat back into his desk and dropped heavily onto it, sinking down into her seat and finally relaxing. 

"The fuck is wrong with you?" She growled at the sound of his voice. She continued to ignore him. Bakugou scoffed at her cold shoulder but left her alone. Her emotions and problems were none of his business, right? After all of the class had regathered, it was finally dismissal time. Sora was quick to grab her bag and stormed to the classroom doors. She hastily slid it open but was stopped by a sea of students in her path. She said nothing and glared at them.

"What the heck?!"

"What business do you have with Class A?"

"We can't get out. What'd you come here for, anyway?"

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry," Bakugou croaked as he made his way up behind Sora. "We're the ones who made it out of the villain attack. They probably wanna check us out before the Sports Festival."

Sora never let her gaze leave the nosy student body but tensed up angrily as the blonde parked himself right beside her. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, extras!"

"Stop calling people 'extras' just because you don't know them!"

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant." A male with wild purple hair pushed his way through the crowd and settled right in front of the two top students. "Are all the students in the hero course like this?" Bakugou took offense and growled at the newcomer. "Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned.

"There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course." This mystery man rubbed the back of his neck nonchalantly. "Did you know that?" Sora's eyes narrowed on his figure, not enjoying the way he was trying to antagonize them. "The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the Sports Festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may also transfer people out.

"Scouting out the enemy? I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get too carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of war." Sora scoffed and finally turned away.

"Your threats mean nothing to our practical skills." She went to take a step forward but was caught by this mystery man with his hand wrapped around her wrist. He was not about to let her disrespect him. Her powers suddenly flared up, sending electricity jolting through his body and making his mussed-up purple hair even worse with static. He immediately released her in shock, mouth agape as he took in her snarling form. "Any of you try to climb up," her hand raised like a chalice, "I'll knock your asses back down." Her glowing eyes were fearful but were no match for the harsh crackling of electricity between her fingertips.

Everyone watched her part the sea of students with no effort, walking away with a harsh scowl drawn on her lips. She just wanted to go to the bar.