28

Before they even knew it, the fight was over. The battle had been fought and lost. Midoriya screamed in pain as the memory of his childhood friend being pulled through the portal played repeatedly behind his eyelids. Sora could hear his shrill cries from her spot. Shivers ran down her spine. Even she wanted to puke at the outcome of this attack, but now, it was time for her to really play her role.

Shouji, Tokoyami, Todoroki, Aoyama, Uraraka, and Tsuyu all gathered around the screaming boy who was on the verge of unconsciousness. The group quivered in fear at the sound of footsteps approaching them once again. After everything, there was more to come?

Before them, Sora appeared. Her blue eyes were dull and glossy as she stared at them silently. She was in her casual hoodie and shorts, looking at them with both disappointment and worry, though she would never tell them that.

"Sora-chan...?" Uraraka furrowed her brows. "What are you doing here?" In contrast to everyone else's emotions, Todoroki's fury boiled over and was ready to unleash.

"You were the one who was following us," he yelled. Everyone was startled at his outburst. "Weren't you?!" She simply stared back at him as he attempted to bury her alive with his glare.

"Calm down," she demanded calmly. However, he was having none of it.

"I knew there was something off about you. You're with them, aren't you?!" Ice rapidly encased the girl from her feet to her shoulders, allowing no movement except for her neck. Everyone knew she could easily escape as she had proved his ice to be weak against her before. However, she stayed put in an attempt to ease his suspicions.

"What are you talking about, Todoroki? She's our classmate―"

"She didn't come on the trip with us. How the hell would she know where to find us?!" The boy's fists were clenched tight and his anger made him completely forget about the injured boy behind him. Everyone looked at the girl in question who seemed to be void of all emotions regarding the situation.

"He's right," she admitted. It was time to be honest with everyone and herself. The girls took a step away from her, their fear getting the better of them. "But, I've come here to talk."

"Save it," he spat. "You can spill all of your bullshit to the authorities." He began to approach the frozen girl. "You're coming with us, villain."

"Then, who will protect Bakugou?" Everyone froze, including Todoroki. But he refused to believe anything she told him. Her entire personality was built on lies. "Listen―"

"Why would we believe you? After everything?"

"Todoroki," croaked the injured boy. He was on his last leg, but he couldn't afford to knock out now. He needed to hear what she had to say. "Wait."

"I know you won't believe me, but everything you know about me is true. I lied about the villain thing, but that's it. Everything―including my relationship with Katsuki―is true. And I need to protect him."

"You had the chance," Midoriya stood up with Shouji's help, "so why didn't you?" The girl defeatedly shifted her gaze to the forest floor.

"It's difficult balancing a double life. But I have plans... Plans to destroy the League of Villains after the things they've made me do. They sent me to U.A. to infiltrate, but I came here to become a hero. And it all starts with saving Katsuki."

"And how do we know you'll bring him back?" Sora finally looked at the wide-eyed brunette. Sora chuckled.

"What would his mother think of me if I couldn't protect him? I'd be the worst ex-girlfriend in history."