22

Sora walked casually throughout the battle stage, taking notes of any electrical pulses in the area. She figured there was no need to expend too much energy considering she had no choice but to fight her own teacher. Otherwise, her escape would've already been made. She meandered around the houses, not even bothering to remain on high alert. After all, she'd be able to tell when her teacher was approaching anyway. This residential area was an odd place for them to select for her battle and she could only wonder where her classmates were dueling.

Sora suddenly felt a prick of energy pulse from behind her making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. How did he get behind me? She spun around only to see his capture weapon flying at her. It flew at her with a great pace making her wonder how he threw it with his barely-above-average strength. In her shock, she made no attempt to dodge the weapon and found it binding her arms to her sides. Impressive... He somehow avoided my detection. Fitting for a stealth hero.

"I feel like maybe you're not taking this seriously yet." Sora peered up at him, finding his yellow goggles hiding his gleaming red irises. "This is an exam, not an exercise." She feigned struggle as she tried to stretch her arms away from her sides. But, to no avail.

"Don't worry, Sensei. You genuinely got me there." He tightened the rope that caged her body. She winced a bit at the pressure. "And I'm definitely taking this seriously."

"Your attitude says otherwise."

"Would you rather me panic in the public eye when I'm in a tough situation? It's all about charisma―being a hero, that is." Sora tightened her muscles and made another attempt at moving, again unsuccessfully. She began heating up her body but found it satisfyingly easy.

"I've already erased your quirk, so don't bother trying anything. Now," he grinned maliciously at her. "How will you get out of this one?" She relaxed her body and dropped her head with a smile.

"I get it now." The teacher's grin faltered from her unweakened composure. "You were chosen to fight me so that you could test my strength without the use of my quirk." She smiled maniacally back at him. "Unfortunately for you, you guys were wrong." Panic set in Aizawa's red irises as he watched the air around his student begin to light up from the heat radiating from her body. Both shocked and confused, he took a cautious step backward. Her head shot up to meet his, freezing him in place with fear. His quirk was still activated... so, how?

Bright blue volts of electricity began sparking off of her body and illuminating the metal wiring on her costume. Her eyes burned vibrantly in an icy shade striking a smidge of fear in her teacher's heart. "Eraserhead: The pro with the ability to erase ability quirks, like Midoriya's or Bakugou's... You were wrong about me, though. The power of electricity is deeply embedded in every single one of my cells. I don't have the ability to control lightning like you thought I did―no... I'm more of what you'd call a mutant-type quirk user. You know, like Ojiro or Mina. You can erase abilities, but you can't erase what I am." She began to float, the capture weapon singeing under the immense heat of her skin. "I am lightning."

Her hair began to float upward, much like Aizawa's. She was probably the closest thing to a god that the adult had ever seen. She sure looked the part and the strength of her power radiated against him with incredible pressure. "You said you wanted to see my all. Lucky for you, I don't want you to get hurt. But, here's a taste." Dark clouds rolled in overhead, almost comically. Thunder rumbled in the distance as small specs of rain dropped to the ground, but never increased to more than a sprinkle. Aizawa could feel the change in the temperature around him, especially since he would feel the heat that rolled off of her body in waves. She was like a living furnace.

She was in front of him. It was sudden and it made him trip over his own feet in shock. However, he remained still. The woman before him lifted her fingers so gently and pressed them to his forehead like a featherlight kiss. Suddenly, an immense heat spread through his veins. It was the exact opposite of freezing weather, yet it was like he was trapped by Todoroki's ice. "Electricity is coursing through your veins, just like mine. The way you feel now is how I feel all the time. The only difference is that my body is built to handle it.

"For someone normal like you, it's excruciating." She moved back from him. "Right?"

A deep frown rested on her teacher's face and his eyes screwed shut in agony. The white heat made him feel like he was floating―like every inch of his body was numb.

Then, she was behind him. "You know, Aizawa Sensei?" She clasped the provided handcuffs around his wrists, marking her victory over the Pro Hero. "U.A's Hero Course isn't about learning to climb through the ranks for me. It's about reaching my final destination."

The heat stopped so abruptly, the male shivered from the cool surroundings. He dropped to his knees and attempted to wipe off the (cold?) sweat from his forehead. The temperature shock that his body just faced made homeostasis seem like a distant dream and he wished to be reheated. His wish was granted when Sora knelt beside him and allowed the heat from her body to surround the two of them until they were comfortable.

She gazed at his panicked form with a gentle smile and nervously furrowed brows. More angelic than she previously displayed. "I'm sorry if that was too much. I hardly ever push my powers that hard, so I don't know if it was too intense for you or not. Again, sorry..." She then removed his cuffed and scratched the back of her head guiltily. "I hope I didn't ruin anyone's exams with the weather!"