36

Weeks had passed and Sora sat anxiously, trying her best to remember every little detail about the days before. She couldn't risk forgetting everything and starting from scratch. She had to get out of here. Every day was the same: wake up, get her blood drawn, get shot with that drug, get fed slop by Toga at night, and fall asleep to her own sorrow. But today was different.

She had been awake for almost an hour now and Toga still had yet to show her face like usual. It was suspicious. Light rain pattered against the window, but the sun was still visible which meant it was definitely daytime so it's not like she'd woken up earlier than usual. She reckoned it was around eleven in the morning, meaning that Toga was definitely late.

Sora had been taking notes on their encounters. The blonde appeared around the same time every day to proceed with her same ministrations: draw her blood and shoot her. She knew that whatever she was being given in those capsules only lasted about twenty-four hours if it meant they had to shoot her every single day on schedule.

She silenced her breathing, carefully listening for any signs of life around her. Nothing but rain. Sora took a deep breath. If she was gonna break out of here, today was the day. She couldn't let a chance like this slip by. The girl willed her quirk, drawing deep down from her gut and praying even a spark would come out. She furiously glared at her hands, searching for any signs that she could do it.

And she did.

It was a small spark, but it was there. A tiny blue spark ignited and quickly grew in her palm until her whole body was bouncing with electricity. She winced at the feeling of the heat, having been so cold for so long. Her dark eyes glowed brightly, and for the first time, she felt like she could finally see... Finally breathe.

Sora calmly jumped to the other side of the room, finally escaping those wretched cuffs that held her captive for so long. She rubbed at her sore wrists and stood for what felt like the first time. She pounded at her legs, trying to get them to come back to life, her injuries making it all the more difficult. But she'd persevere. She had to.

She suddenly heard footsteps down the hall; heavier than usual. She crept back over to the wall and sat on her knees with her hands behind her back, hiding the cuffs so whoever was to walk in would think she was still imprisoned. Her brain ran at a million miles an hour.

I have to knock them out quietly so I don't alert the others. I need to find my phone so I can try to find Bakugou's location from here. I have to gather power so I can get awa―

The door suddenly opened, hushing her thoughts. Her dull eyes scanned the person: Mr. Compress. Why he was here in Toga's stead, she had no idea. But this was perfect. He would be much easier to take down than the psychotic blonde.

"How come I have to do this and Toga gets to be out in the field," he grumbled under his mask. "I'm not crazy... I don't wanna take this girl's blood right now." Sora noted that he now had a prosthetic metal hand instead of a real one. She wanted to question what happened to him but she really, truly didn't care.

Mr. Compress set the metal case on the table and grabbed a syringe. I have one shot to knock him out clean. He spun around and began approaching the still girl. He knelt down in front of her, noting how she pulled her shoulder away from him. "Come on. Make this easy for me and give me your arm. What's wrong with you? Acting like we don't do this every day..." He reached for her bicep to tug it in his direction.

"I'm hungry," she muttered. Next thing he knew, her knee was forced right into his face with her hand on the back of his head, sending his eyes rolling back into his sockets from the force of the blow. Sora caught him before his body could drop to the floor too loudly. She gently laid him down, setting the syringe on the concrete beside him. "Thanks for being late, loser." She then began walking to the door but froze, looking to the table at the metal case full of her worst enemy. She then made a B-line and grabbed it, gripping it tightly as if it were her lifeline. "I'll be handing this to the police."

Sora poked her head out of the door, swiveling both ways down the hallway to make sure the coast was clear. She could've easily jumped in a stream to move around but knew she'd need as much power as possible to make a clean escape to safety. Especially since she heard him say that Toga was out in the field, wherever that could be.

She carefully ran through the halls, stopping in every room of this horrid warehouse she could find to look for her phone. Instead, she stumbled upon a sleeping Dabi on a beaten-up couch with his phone on the floor which probably slipped out of his hand as it hung off the side. She figured that his device would be just as good but stopped when she noticed her own cellular device sitting on the desk in the far corner of the room.

And it was plugged in.

She wanted to laugh at the League's stupidity but bit it back so as not to wake him up. Not only could she retrieve her belongings, but she could travel through the wiring of the building (which clearly worked if they were charging her phone) and charge up for a big jump to the outside world. Sora gently tiptoed into the room, being as quiet as a mouse. Something about him screamed "light sleeper" so she would be dead if he so much as stirred.

She was right behind him when she heard his breathing change. She felt like a deer in headlights. Was he awake? She was too scared to look. But then his breathing leveled out as he simply rolled over to face the worn-out couch cushions. Sora steeled herself. It was now or never, She quickly cut the distance between her and her phone, unplugging it and shoving it in her waistband so she wouldn't accidentally lose it.

The girl gripped the end of the charging cord, already feeling the pulses of electricity it offered her through her hand. She looked back at the male sleeping peacefully and felt her body fill with rage.

"You fucked up when you tried to touch Bakugou. I'll make you pay for that." With that, she was gone, traveling throughout the building while trying to make her way to the top. She ended up at the bottom of a stairwell which she assumed led to the roof and achingly ran up the steps that equaled heaven to her. Finally free.

She slammed the door open without a care in the world. They'd never stop her now so she could care less if they woke up. Dark clouds accumulated overhead as sparks consumed her body. She sent a quaint text to Bakugou, the signal pinpointing exactly where she planned to head in the first place. School. She shoved it back into place and rose her hand to the sky. The sun disappeared behind thick cumulonimbus clouds that she willed to existence with her power. In fact, they were so great that they rolled in from the seas and covered almost every inch of Japan.

Though she was still weak, she felt incredibly powerful right now.

Light encased her body, shooting her off the ground and rolling her through the clouds like thunder. When she finally landed, she could feel the toll of her injuries and the use of her quirk creep up on her. She was somewhere unfamiliar on campus, but this is where she knew Bakugou was so she wasn't worried. Her hand fell limp at her side and her whole body began to collapse. However, she relished in the feeling of her body falling. After all, she was finally safe.

She was free.

Sorry for disappearing on y'all! School is finally out for summer so expect to hear from me more often! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!