40

The sun was starting to set and all of the students of Class 1-A sat around the common room of their dormitories. The anticipation was killing them as they waited for the teachers to bring Sora back from the police station. They had returned from their visit to the police station less than an hour before and watched closely out the windows the second they finished eating their dinner.

The only person missing from the area was Bakugou. After seeing her all banged up like that in the police station, he couldn't face her. It was his fault that she'd ended up like that and the guilt created a knot in his stomach. He'd even skipped dinner because he was scared he'd throw it back up.

He wasn't one to act like this but that gutwrenching feeling just wouldn't go away no matter how much he tossed and turned in his bed. Though his bedtime was approaching, he knew he probably wouldn't be getting any sleep.

The lock of the front door suddenly clicked and Aizawa sauntered through the entrance with a stern look on his face; a silent warning to his students. Behind him, Sora crept in quietly as if not to draw any attention to herself. However, it was inevitable and Class 1-A began to crowd around the two.

Sora closed in on herself, wrapping her arms around her torso. She was much more shy than the last time they'd seen her which was due to the fact that she was worried about what everyone was thinking of her. That worry would soon vanish, though.

"Welcome back!"

"We missed you, Sora!"

"Welcome home!" The girl gulped at the warm welcome they'd offered it. It was unexpected, especially since she'd threatened their lives the last time she was here. Tears stung at her eyes from their consideration and she couldn't help but cower away behind Aizawa.

"Give her some space," he demanded. The students immediately backed down. Midoriya stepped up to the front of the group and offered him one of his signature sweet smiles.

"We made oyakodon for dinner if you'd like some." Sora swallowed at his offer but gently shook her head.

"I'm really tired so I think I'll just go to bed..." The green-haired boy nodded and began to lead her away from the other students.

"I'll show you to your room." Sora took a glance at Aizawa to which he nodded, allowing her to go off with the boy. She gave everyone shy smiles as she passed through to the elevator. She felt bad as she followed him through the double doors. Everyone was showing her so much kindness after everything she'd put them through.

As the elevator began lifting the two, the girl sighed through her nose and glanced at the male.

"Thanks for the hoodie, by the way." She crouched into the collar slightly, savoring the warmth it offered.

"Of course! That one is based on his 'Young Age' costume!" She smiled at his enthusiasm. If there was one thing she could count on Midoriya for, it was how he could brighten up the room in an instant. He'd immediately lightened the mood and she wasn't feeling as tense anymore.

"I'll be sure to get it back to you after I wash it."

"Don't worry about it. You can have it," he offered.

"Are you sure? I know you love your All Might merch..." The boy waved his hands around, ending the conversation there.

"It belongs to you now. Take good care of it." Sora nodded and looked down to her feet. These kids were so great.

The two stepped out of the elevator on the fourth floor and made a left to the girls' side of the dorms. Midoriya led her all the way down the hall to the last door on the left. "This is your dorm." He opened the door and walked in first. "It's not much but we did our best to decorate it a little bit," he said meekly. He wished he could've done more to make her feel at home but didn't know she'd be returning today.

But she thought it was perfect.

Sora stepped into the room absolutely starstruck. Not once in her life had she had her own bedroom. She went from hotel to hotel, abandoned building to hostel. Not once in her life had she known where she was gonna end up at night. Those tears really began to burn her eyes as she took in all of the decorating the boy had done. There were trinkets along her desk; random objects to give her some joy. Plus, that All Might poster that Midoriya had hung up really added color to her room.

She wouldn't know what to do if she got to decorate it, so this was perfect.

Sora rubbed at her nose and continued touring her own room. She had a bathroom all to herself and a real bed that belonged to her. She crept over to it, allowing her palm to rest on the plushness of the mattress to make sure this was actually real. "The closet is over here," he beckoned from the side of the room. She spun to face him and watched as he opened the door and drawers within. "We figured you probably wouldn't have much clothes, so we put some together for you. I hope that's okay."

The girl stepped forward and inspected the items. The blaring hot pink clothes were probably her last pick, but she knew she could count on Mina for anything. She'd have to remember to say thank you to her for being such a good friend.

Sora dug through the collection of shirts and hoodies and settled on a couple of familiar items that she wasn't expecting to see. A stack of black t-shirts rested at the bottom of the drawer, some with white monograms on the chest. Skulls. And beside them was a black hoodie with small tears at the cuffs and seams of the pocket where Bakugou had been too rough. She'd worn it almost every time she'd slept over at his house and didn't think seeing it would ever make her emotional. She was dead wrong.

Her tears finally spilled over as she clutched the hoodie in her hands. She was finally home.

What she and Bakugou were going through wasn't easy and she sure as hell wasn't ready to speak to him but dammit she just wanted to see him. Continuing to offer her his favorite hoodie was enough of an apology for her. He actually cared for her even if he'd made mistakes. He was waiting for her to come home, too.

Midoriya placed his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her without being too invasive. He had been waiting for her to break down the second she walked through the front door and knew he needed to get her away from the others so she could finally breathe.

She deserved this. She deserved every meal, a place to sleep, a place to call home. Hell, the dorms weren't much but it was more than she could ever ask for.