Chapter 23

Dark clouds gathered as the wind howled making the night look more haunted. A pack of wolves leading by the dark wolf chased a brown-ish wolf at the river bank.

Snapping his teeth Phayu ran in his wolf form, rage pulsing through his veins, his body hot for vengeance as he pushed his paws. His previous conversation repeating in his mind.

"I was giving you chance to save your pathetic self, to let you run away like you always do" Phayu says a smirk playing on his face.

"I didn't ran away, I was taken away if I was awake that day you would've been dead a long time ago! and even if I did it, what have you done to stop me, or any of us, you didn't even get a hint of any of this" Thomas seethes baring his teeth and Phayu laughs without humor.

"You really think I will not realize it? when you send that lowly rogue when your pity Ple didn't achieve what she was placed here for? Didn't thought that i would eventually find out that Ple was sent by you. I got a whiff of your scent on her when those rogues were dragging her around near my border, then when she was supposedly got attacked I had smelled you and once again when you dared step outside when my mate was in heat" Phayu discloses

"I allowed Ple in my pack only because I want to see what you were up to when you ran away tail tucked on that night. Her being close to Rain and Sky really helped her stay but I didn't miss the flicker of lie when she told us about her attack and the rogue easily told us the truth, but I would still want to know why did you harm her if she was with you, apart from the obvious that you are a lunatic" Phayu taunts musing at him.

"Ple was just a dumb bitch, but a good pawn. It was so easy to make her do whatever we want, and she would do everything as told. You are right she was placed here by me to distract you, and she did even if you didn't fall for her, he did. It was supposed to be the little omega to be there at construction site and I would've have taken him away from you under your nose. Ple made sure of everything but when he didn't arrive as planned I just gave her a small reminder, but him getting heat ended my patience.
Since the beginning he was mine and if you didn't ruined that night at River pack I would've made him mine completely. I had my eyes on him the moment he was brought to River pack. Those big eyes, milky-soft skin, that little alluring body had always provoked me, him not accepting me as his alpha only fuel my desire for him more and more. He is a tease, when his heat hit him hard I could smell his sweet sweet scent from miles away taunting me. He was so close to me just a door away and i would've make him mine if your stupid guards were not patrolling around every damn minute. You might be his mate, but I'll make him mine, you just wait and watch" Thomas laughs manically and Phayu lunge at him.

Flashback ends

Phayu wants nothing but to claw out every fiber of Thomas piece by piece, paint his pack border-line with his blood so that no one, no one dare to even think about his mate. 

'His mate!'

Nobody lives with thoughts of his mate and breathe the same air as him. Thomas is going to die tonight, by any means.

The coward once again trying to run away but this time he will end his story once and for all. Phayu mind link with his beta and with a grunt three wolves change their direction running on the opposite side.

Even though Thomas was running ahead but it was Phayu who was leading him to his certain death, as Thomas takes another turn sharply once he noticed wolves blocking his path ahead.

Thomas digs his feet in halt as the path suddenly ends, he watch from the edge below realizing he was standing on the death cliff.

He turned to vicious growl and grunts as Howler's block his every escaping path. Sweat trickle down his furred face suddenly he was not very confident.