Chapter 8

"Good Morning Rain, did you sleep well?" Nanna greets Rain as he step down to dining hall. "Good morning Nanna, I'm good, please I can do it" Rain says as Nanna bring out the dishes. It was still new to him how much food is presented on the table.

"Nonsense, these are nothing but thank you for consideration, now don't be shy and eat whatever you like and as much as you want, ok" says Nanna placing another dish on the table.

Today Rain had woken up alone in bed, his mate not anywhere to be seen, but Rain did not think of it much as he was the alpha and must be busy. He was hoping to find him for breakfast but he was not. Few pack members also joined him for breakfast although he tried to but could not stop himself from missing his mate. And moreover to that Sky was also not here, Nanna informed him that Sky had went to downhill market with Joy.

Even though it was his pack now, but somehow Rain felt alone. Being a shy person it was always difficult for him to adjust to anything new. Nanna watch the little omega quietly eating his breakfast at corner. She instructs the remaining work to the kitchen helper and goes to Rain.

"Rain, mind walking with me" Rain immediately nods and Nanna intertwine her arms with him giving him smile. "Let's start with the beginning, you may have heard about Thunder Howlers as the ferocious, the strongest, the ruthless but every pack has its story." Nanna starts as she leads him out through kitchen back-door "what do you think of this pack house?" she asks "it's huge" Rain replies looking at the building. "There was a time when this house was nothing but a small ruin. Originally there was no Thunder Howlers, it was alpha Vegas who gathered his kind and build this pack, he had faced many obstacles to reach this far but he did it with his pack, for his pack. This pack has seen many nights and days where providing a single meal was a hassle, other pack would attack us because we were less in numbers. The pack had sacrificed many things and lost many dear ones but that only motivated others to move forward. And look at Thunder Howlers now; no one can dare to stand in front. And I'm telling you all this because I want you to have that faith, and that you are never alone. These are your people now Rain, I know, you need time, but never let yourself stop to take a step forward. If you need someone to listen to you remember your pack is always there with you, I'm not saying that come specifically to me but try it." Nanna says giving Rain an encouraging smile who nods in understanding.

"Thunder Howler was not your first pack?" Rain ask making her smile at the observation "you'll do just fine" she says patting his hand "yes I once was a member of a pack called Red Moon pack, I was a nobody Nancy, a common healer, who was in charge to look after the young alpha Vegas" Rain eyes widen with the information making her chuckle "yes, I was once the caretaker of the great alpha Vegas, but when things happened I couldn't help him, couldn't save him from his own father. But when he rise and gathered his kind I pledged my loyalty to him and to this day I'm proud that I did, and thus I became Nancy to Nanna" She proudly says "I'm the great Nanna who had taken care of the great alphas from Vegas, to Phayu and now can't wait for the next generation" she determinedly says looking at Rain who blush red in embarrassment and stutters "I-I..d-din't..w-we..umm....".

"Relax, I'm not forcing you right now, mate bonds are special you should enjoy it first, just don't make me wait long" Nanna says making Rain think a family of his own. A image flash in his mind where Phayu is cradling a baby with black hair just like him, singing a lullaby with adoration and love "Thank you Rain" Rain jumps with a start, his heart beating fast, the love, the sincerity of those words piercing his heart, the image imprinting on his mind.

"I didn't get a chance to meet them" Rain says changing the subject and ask about his mates parents "you'll meet them soon, they've went for an errand to meet Vegas's cousin on east hemisphere, and on their way back, they are eager to meet you too" Nanna informs making him nervous again