Chapter 10

"Where is my mate!" Phayu thunders making everyone jump in surprise. He has been looking for his mate from early morning and its noon now but his mate is nowhere to be found. He knows that his mate is somewhere in the pack ground and safe, but exactly where he couldn't tell, whenever he ask someone they would point out to every direction without any trace of him.

They both were getting closer and after meeting with his Paa and Dad, Phayu could see the small difference in Rain. Rain was starting to open up not just with him but to the pack and he was glad but right now he need to see his mate, he wants his mate in his arms. It was surprising just in short time how his mate have become the center of his world, he couldn't explain but the anxiety he feels whenever Rain is not around, the need to be with him every second, to hold him, touch him, was something he had never expected. He couldn't function properly without his mate. He was smitten sue him.

"He was seen at the boulder and is on his way to pack-house" Bali informs him and Phayu step out the house he was just descending stairs when he spot his mate, happily chattering with Sky, Ed and Lucy on his arms. As they near he was ready to demand his mate for explanation when Rain surprises him first.

Rain was feeling accomplished today. Phayu had discussed the expanding of the residence and building shelters and household for pack members as the numbers are increasing and some wolves seeking privacy and he had decided to help as much as possible.

This morning he woke up excited and hurriedly went out for his project. Eager to do something. He had left a note informing his mate about his whereabouts and joined his small group outside.

He had covered the most locations where the housing was possible and had mapped it all; he bounced in his step eager to show all this to his mate. As he spot him at the foot of the stairs, in his excitement he gave little Lucy to Sky and lunged forward, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

Rain didn't realize until that moment how much he had missed him. It was surprising how fast Phayu was breaking his walls and bit by bit capturing his heart. He was not complaining though.

They held each other for what felt like an eternity, lost in their own world and pulls back when few pack members whistles at them making Rain blush like a teenager. Phayu was watching him with daze, heart thudding but finally at peace and bring his blushing mate to his study away from the teasing eyes.

"I missed you, I've searched everywhere for you" Phayu says holding Rain once again stroking his hair. "But I'd left you a note, didn't you found it?" Rain ask confused making Phayu blink. "I must admit, I was so focused on looking for you that I didn't notice it" Phayu says scratching his head giving an apologetic look.

It was still astonishing for Rain to have Phayu as his mate, it amaze him every time he discover something new about him like this moment where his ruthless alpha is behaving like a lost lover. He likes it, when Phayu shows him such side of him without hesitation unlike him who couldn't even hold the gaze without turning into a stuttering mess.

"I w-want to show you something" Rain shyly says side stepping and pulling out the map that he had drawn earlier and carefully spread it out "have a look" he nervously shows.

Rain was ecstatic when he had started this morning and had drawn his ideas giving it the colors to shine but seeing his mate, the alpha himself inspecting it he was losing his confidence. He couldn't make out the meaning of his furrowed brows, the small squint of the eyes sweeping from one corner to another on the table, if he was disappointed or find it awful Rain could not tell.

"You draw all this on your own?" Phayu asked still watching the details on the map and Rain hesitantly nods then tries to cover it "I drew it on of sorts, you don't have to look it so thoroughly, it's not good I know" Rain dejectedly says trying to fold it back but Phayu stops him "not good? Rain this is the most detailed map I've ever seen of our land. The way you have mapped out everything and given the detail, it's perfect" Phayu comments truly impressed with the work. "You don't have to exaggerated" Rain says looking at him not believing. "Have I ever lied to you, or you think I'm a flatterer" Phayu seriously ask and Rain shakes his head and asks again "you really liked it?" when Phayu gives a nod he finally sighs in relief not knowing he was holding his breath.