Chapter 16

Standing at the edge of the hill Phayu paused to look over the vast reach of the mountain range of his homeland. The mixture of muted yellow over green washing, and a light crisp of breeze blowing in the air, it won't be long before the harsh winter befalls on them.

His pack-land was extended part of the great mountain range having perfect higher grounds to reside away from everyone, secured in the arms of the nature. One side of the pack land residing on the top in such high altitude that it is declared death cliff, where one cannot dare think to travel. Another side is well protected with the fierce angry river separating his land from the outer world and tall, dense woods are stretched for miles below creating web of illusions.

Phayu took a deep breath, the light chill and smell of pine soothing his erratic heartbeat and hasten his steps leading to his home.

Entering the great hall, the sight of Rain in the arms of Ple-dancing greeted him. The howling wind outside matched his dark mood warning everyone. Few teen wolves scrambled away watching the alpha standing at the door with deathly glare.

Rain looks around confused with the sudden change of mood and turns to look around only to be surprised.

His mate had the same look when the rogue had attacked and Rain quickly went to him only to be stopped when Phayu turned sharply without a word.

Rain felt a pang of hurt watching his mate walking away from him and guilt rose high, but Rain quickly followed him without missing a beat.

Molten anger rolled through Phayu as he angrily stomped to their bedroom, ignoring the footsteps following him.

He slam-opened, door crashing against the wall making Rain flinch, but Rain hurriedly crossed the room closing the distance and engulfs Phayu in his slender arms, pressing his face at the hard chest, snuggling closer to the skin peeking from the unbuttoned shirt.

Phayu didn't move and stilled his arms that lifted automatically to hold his mate. Rain tilts his head up, chin resting on his chest, watching him with doe eyes blinking twice.

'Damn his heart' Phayu thought watching the cuteness in his arms, his anger subsiding with a speed of electricity, but still schooled his expression not giving up just yet.

Rain could see the change in his eyes and with a more persistence pursed his lips "don't be angry with Rain naa" Rain purred, slowly blinking at him with a pout.

And Phayu lost it.
Rain watched as his stoic face cracked little by little and suddenly Rain found himself pinned to the wall, mouth captured. Rain smiled in between the kiss relieved that the tension was lifted and he returned the kiss with complete submission, just the way his mate likes.

Phayu maneuvered his mouth nipping the skin at the nook of his neck, finally calming once he left angry red marks all around for everyone to see.

"Explain" Phayu demands holding him tight.

"I talked with Sky, and realized you were right, I shouldn't hold back Ple, she should be with her mate. When brother Saifah informed us that her mate will be here soon, we decided to party little like a farewell, and she was teaching me how to dance, that's it" Rain explains and gasp when Phayu pinch his nipples.

"So you're telling me, you blocked me, whole day to party and dance around" Phayu says voice dropping, bringing his face closer, arms snaking around Rain's waist.

"No, it's not like that, I was angry at first because of our morning argument but after realizing I was wrong I was not angry anymore, and felt guilty...and...It's embarrassing" Rain answers honestly blushing at the actual reason he'd blocked his mate.