Chapter 22

Sky shakes his head trying to focus on his work his mind going back to a certain alpha to whom he'd decided to have a chance.

"Sky your patient needs your attention more" he muttered to himself when small footsteps entered.

"Awe, for me? Thank you Lucy, where did you found it" Sky inspects the single sunflower that Lucy hands him. Sky was surprised that the flower is still blooming in this season.

"Lucy who gave this you to?" Sky asks slowly

"Appha Pappai told not to tell you name. He said iss seckect" Lucy replies smiling brightly and Sky squints his eyes turning to look out of the window where a tall figure hiding behind small Ed is clearly visible in a distance.

"Ok, Lucy tell alpha Prapai that he should not make child do labor work and no disturbing me when I'm working, ok" Sky slowly says and Lucy pouts her lips "but he gave chocolates"

Sky sighs and pulls the drawer taking a chocolate out.

"Lucy, now if I gave you this chocolate, you will tell alpha not to disturb me and you will not listen to him in future Ok?"

Lucy nods her head half of the words unheard as she watch the chocolate in his hand, Sky chuckles at her and hands her the chocolate, who runs away happily.

Sky watch from window as Lucy ran to the alpha and tells him something to which alpha laugh aloud his voice resonating with his body.

Prapai picks her up smiling when he suddenly catches the eyes of his mate looking at him from window. Sky flusters and quickly turns back face flushing.

"Sky focus!"

~~~

Rain measures the land and gives instruction to the workers to dig some more. His mind once again reeling.

'Why would rogues attack them? Is it coincidence that they were attacked near his pack? Was this attack also meant for him like the previous one? But this time alpha Jayden was injured and Rain was in the pack-house, how does it connect? Then there is Sky.'

He shakes his head trying to concentrate on his work distracting himself from overthinking, when he smells his mate.

A shiver ran down watching the confident gait of his mate approaching near and blushed at his thoughts that his mind starts to play like a broken record. He cannot believe even after spending such immense heat with his mate, Rain's body still burn bright every time his mate is around.

Phayu watch smirking at the images his mate was sending him unknowingly; it really excites him seeing the pink shade spreading slowly in his face. Even after so long, when they have already shared such intense pleasure together, too many times to even count, his mate still gets shy whenever he is around.

"Wanna skip?" He suggests whispering in his ears once pulling him to his chest his hands resting on waist.

"No... work needs to be done" Rain replies swatting his hands lightly that traveled low on his back.

"Work will continue, but we don't have to be here" Phayu insists nibbling his earlobes.

"It was supposed to be finished weeks ago" Rain says pulling back rubbing his earlobe making Phayu smile.

"Is your work complete?" Rain softly asks and the smile drops from Phayu's face, he sighs shaking his head facing away to not let his mate see his anger.

"Soon?" Rain prods. He wanted to ask more about the details that Prapai has told him but he also know that whatever Phayu is not telling him is because he is protecting him. He has faith in his mate and knows that his mate will share everything with him, eventually.