Home-Alcohol

"But it's so tight... And a little moldy." You say, pulling at the collar of the suit you've been made to put on. A group went out and found it, so you'll be nice and wear it, even though you wish you didn't have to.

"It looks good," Brooklyn tells you. "Smells like shit, but it looks good."

Clementine is out for the day, so Brooklyn came over, and she's helping you try on your suit for the wedding. You don't think Clementine has a suit or a dress or... Whatever she would wear. You hate the damned thing.

"I'm going to smell like this for weeks," you say. "Why can't I wear something normal?"

"Because someone went out of their way to find this fucking thing. Do you understand how long it took to find this?"

"Not very long." You know it didn't take her long.

"True, but I got lucky. I found them closed up in some dresser, sealed and everything. It was meant to be." She straightens your tie.

"It's tight, Brooklyn. Like, really tight." You tell her.

"You'll be fine. Stretch it out a little. I'm sure it'll fix itself." She advises.

"Ok." You start stretching like she's told you to. At first, you can tell it's not helping. It's when you bend over a little that you regret listening to Brooklyn.

"Fuck was that?" Brooklyn asks, hurrying around to your backside. "Ah!" You feel her hand run up your leg as she shows you the rip. It's large. "You ripped a hole all the way down the fucking leg!"

"You told me to stretch it out!"

"I didn't tell you to rip it!"

"How was I supposed to know it would rip?" You throw your hands up. "Great. Now what?"

"Just... Take it off for now." Brooklyn tells you. "I'll figure something else out."

"You don't have to tell me twice." You say as you pull the now ripped pants off. "Please, let me wear something normal next time."

"Yeah, yeah." Brooklyn takes your tie off to help you. "It's good we tried this on before the big day."

-

"Alcohol," Stanley says as he brings a bottle of it into the room. "Watered down so you don't burn your throat." He directs this at you and Brooklyn.

"I don't want any." You say.

"Well, that's just too damn bad," Stanley says as he pours a glass and then pushes it across the table to you. "And for the best man." He slides another to Brooklyn. She doesn't protest, but like you, she doesn't want it.

"Go light on it, Stanley," Don says. "The wedding is tomorrow."

"So we're celebrating. There's no such thing as going light on the alcohol." He says as he takes a shot. "Oops." He says as you take a drink. You cough after it slips down your throat and burns all the way. "Forgot to water it down." He winks at you.

"Glad I didn't drink this," Brooklyn says, picking up her glass and examining it.

"Drink it." You tell her between coughs.

"No."

"Brooklyn, I did it. Now you have to."

She thinks about it for a second and then swallows the whole thing. She does not fair well. "Fuck you." She manages to get out.

"Is it really that bad?" Carlos asks as he takes a drink of his own. He barely reacts. "I remember you not being able to handle it years ago either. I thought you might have gotten over it."