Resurrection-Father

Cas has been gone for a few minutes now. You've migrated to a bench near the building you were meeting in and are waiting for him to return.

"Hey, you're that new guy." Someone says. You look up. "Yeah. I saw you come in." Their speech is slurred.

"Yeah." You try to sound uninterested.

"Why don't you stop by for a drink with me sometime?" He slumps onto the bench next to you, and you scoot over.

"I'll pass. Not a fan of alcohol." You wouldn't drink even if you liked it because of Marina.

"Oh, come on." They put their arm around you. You don't smell any alcohol on his breath. "Everyone's a fan of alcohol."

"No." You put your hand on your knife. He's trying to hold you down.

"Give me a chance." He says.

"You had alcohol tonight?"

"Sure did. How could you tell?" He laughs. You put a knife in his chin.

You stand up and look around as his body falls on the bench. The rest of his group emerges from their hiding spots and starts forming a circle around you. Three people. You can kill three people.

-

"What do you think they're asking him?" Marina asks.

"No idea," Brooklyn responds. "But you're supposed to be sleeping."

"I can't. I'm worried."

"Me too," Brooklyn says. She walks over to the couch and sits next to Marina. Marina adjusts to lay in her lap. "But you know, your dad can handle things."

"Mhm. Are you better than him, or is he better than you?" Marina asks.

"Better at what?"

"Fighting."

"Me, but we would never fight for real."

"I know." Marina looks up at Brooklyn. "Are we going to have to leave?"

"Probably," Brooklyn tells her the truth. She doesn't have much faith in this community.

"I want to go home."

"Me too. We will one day." Brooklyn isn't sure about that. She wants to go back and see who made it and who died, she wants to sleep in her bed again, but she doesn't want William to catch them. She's more worried about Marina and Y/N than anything else.

There's a knock at the door. "Oh. I wonder who it is." Marina gets up.

"No." Brooklyn holds out a hand. "I'll get it. You sit down."

"Fine." Marina sits back on the couch. "Do you think it's Dad?"

"No." Brooklyn doesn't know who would be knocking. Someone from the old group, maybe. She opens the door, and there's a pistol in her face. She reacts fast, pushing their hand into the door. She grabs their head and slams it into the door once, then slams the door shut when they're out of the way. "Go through the back door, Marina." Brooklyn grabs her knife from the table and runs to catch up with Marina. Marina opens the door, and someone grabs her. Another steps through to block Brooklyn's path.

Brooklyn rushes at them, slicing the one trying to block her on their arm, bad enough that they drop their weapon. She pushes them aside for now and grabs Marina while she's still being held. The guy holding her reacts, swinging a fist. Brooklyn lets go of Marina, blocks the swing, drops her knife into her other hand, and puts it into the guy's eye. She yanks Marina away as she pulls her knife free. Brooklyn now directs her attention to the other guy she had already sliced. He's getting ready to come at her again. She kicks out his knee and shoves her knife through the top of his head before he does anything.