Resurrection-Battleship

"One. Two. Three. Four." Marina counts.

"What are you doing?" You ask her. She's lying in your lap, staring at the ceiling.

"Counting the stars." She says. You look up. There's a painting of space on the ceiling. "Five. Six. Seven."

"We need to get out of here," Brooklyn says while Marina continues to count. She's sitting by the window, watching. "I don't like being trapped."

"And do what?" You ask. They'll just come after you, and you need help. This group is your only shot at convincing someone.

"Run." She says simply.

"And go where?" You ask.

"I don't know. Somewhere where people aren't trying to kill us."

"So nowhere."

"Is that girl here?" Marina stops counting. "The one with the hat... Clamentine?"

"Clam?" Brooklyn chuckles.

"Clem." You correct her. "Clementine."

"Clem Clementine," Marina parrots.

"No. Clem is her nickname. Clementine is her name." You explain.

"What's a nickname?" She asks next.

"It's a name people call you that isn't your name." You tell her.

"Do I have a nickname?"

"Not that I'm aware of." Maybe Linda had something.

"Do you?"

"No."

"Do you?" She asks Brooklyn.

"Mmm... I'd rather not, but some people have called me Brook... I don't really like it."

"Brook," Marina copies.

"No. Brooklyn. If you start calling me that, I'll start calling you ass-face."

"That doesn't even make sense." Marina sits up. "Don't call me that."

"Don't call me Brook."

"Fine." Marina lies back down. Brooklyn smiles and looks back out of the window.

"How do you even have an ass-face?" Marina asks you.

"You don't." You tell her. "Brooklyn was messing with you."

"It was mean."

"Brooklyn is mean. I'm surprised you haven't realized that yet."

"I could let you fend for yourselves. Leave you alone." Brooklyn says.

"No. I'm sorry." Marina quickly says.

"It's fine," Brooklyn tells her. "You're not going to hurt my feelings that bad."

"Good. I love you." Marina says without hesitation. Brooklyn looks at her and then at you. Marina has never said that to her.

"Well..." Brooklyn is struggling to figure out what she's supposed to say.

"You're supposed to say I love you back." You tell her.

"Yeah." Marina agrees.

"I... I love you too?" She sounds unsure.

"That's not real," Marina calls her out.

"I love you too," Brooklyn repeats.

"Good." Marina looks back up at the ceiling. "What's a star?"

"They're like the sun, but far away." You tell her. You don't know much more about them.

"Do people live around them too?"