Accord-Struggling

"Please wait." Hachiman takes a step forward. They're behind a counter, and you're thankful for the barricade it makes, but you can't see what they have behind it. They could hide anything, and Hachiman stepping closer to it means he could grab something easier.

"Stop moving!" Brooklyn threatens him. You wish you hadn't left your weapons at the gate.

You've stopped trying to push Clementine out of the building. Outside, there are more. If they're led by these three, they'll do what they say, and they were armed. Without cover, you'd be surrounded and full of holes before you could react.

"Just talk with us," Hodr says.

"You're crazy if you think we're going to talk to you." Brooklyn jabs a finger at them. "You're lucky we haven't fucking killed you."

"We don't have to be enemies." Hachiman starts to lower his hands.

"Keep your hands in the air." You reach behind you to push Clementine to where she's entirely behind you. "We don't know what you have behind the counter."

"Nothing. We don't have anything." Hachiman has fixed his hand placement. "I know it's jarring to see us, but we'd like to talk. You came here for a reason. We don't know why, but let's discuss it."

"We don't need your help." Brooklyn snaps at them. "You're probably trying to fuck us over."

"We're not. We need help; you need help; we can help each other." Hachiman speaks calmly, trying to manipulate you, no doubt. "The people here are good people. They took us in after Salvation. At least leave in peace. They've done nothing to you."

"Clementine, don't buy a word of their bullshit," Brooklyn says.

"We've got nothing against you anymore. We left. We did everything you did. We did what we were told to do to stay alive."

"Fuck you." Brooklyn looks at you. "Can we leave?"

You look over your shoulder at Clementine. She nods.

"We're leaving. If we see you following us, if you try anything, we will kill you and everyone here." You tell them. "We're not working with you."

"May I ask a question?" Hachiman asks.

"What?"

"What happened to Tyr?"

"I threw him off the tower." Your tone makes it clear that you'd have done the same to them.

"I'm begging you." Hundun steps to the side of the counter and quickly moves downwards. You and Brooklyn both flinch, but you don't do anything. She nearly fell. Her legs are wobbling and look odd. She pushes herself up and winces as she takes another step forward. "The council was crazy; I'm sure you know that by now. I bet he's the one that took down the tower. He broke my legs. I thought he wouldn't stop beating me until I was dead. We left after that, and I couldn't get my legs fixed right... I can't hurt you. We're not going to hurt you. We're running low on everything other than weapons. This park was an awful place to set up, and we don't have the resources to move and build up another safe spot... Help us move and find another place to live, and we'll do whatever you want." She leans back on the counter and looks at Clementine. "I can see your leg. You understand, right? I can't fight, and so I can't survive."

"I can," Clementine responds. "But I understand."

"Are you trying to use the fact that she is missing a leg to gain sympathy?" You ask. Did Hundun look at Clementine's leg and make this up?

"If you'd like to feel them, you can tell."

"No... But you're on your own." You tell them. "This would never work anyway."