Rage-Last Day

Every time Violet leans over the edge of the hospital's roof, you get anxious. If she falls, she's dead, and there's nothing you can do to help her.

Emma throws you the water bottle. You start drinking from it. "Where are they?" She asks. You're all frustrated. It's been at least two hours since you killed your attackers, and the rest that were supposed to be on their way haven't arrived.

"They must be waiting." You say as you screw the cap back on the bottle. "Scared, maybe."

"Well, charging in would be stupid," Violet says. "It sounds like they were in contact with the people here, so they probably figured out that their friends are dead."

"But waiting like this... We'd have seen them by now." Emma looks anxious. She's fidgeting a lot. "They're doing something. The longer we wait here, the harder it'll get for us."

"We need their vehicles, though." You tell her, walking over to the edge with Violet. You don't necessarily disagree with her. You briefly scan the area. You wish they'd just come give you their vehicles, but why would anything be easy?

"I know, but if they're setting up some trap, we need to get ahead of it. Vehicles or not, we have to survive to do anything." Emma is convinced she's right... And you trust her.

"What do you think they're doing?" Violet asks. "You look like you have an idea."

Emma loses herself in thought for a moment and then replies. "If it were me, I'd split the group up, then take out the weaker party... Or wait for the one I want to attack to get bored and leave the building they've hunkered down in."

"Which one do you think is more likely?" You've started to get a little worried about Clementine.

Emma shrugs. "I don't know, but either way we should start heading back to Ericson's."

-

Clementine's group arrives at Ericson's again. Don meets them at the gate.

"What's the matter? Did something happen?" He's in a bit of a panic. Probably, because Y/N isn't present.

"It was a setup, but Y/N's group is trying to secure our vehicles back at the hospital," Clementine explains. "And we have a problem here." She looks around to make sure no one is listening. "There are scouts here. I don't know where, and I don't know if they're blending into our people."

"How do you know that?" Don asks.

"Y/N." Clementine doesn't feel that she needs to give Don details. Y/N didn't say how he got the information, but Clementine knows how he did. It was necessary, and it doesn't affect her opinion of him, but she doesn't know how others would react.

"Alright."

"What do you want us to do?" Stanley asks Clementine. Her group already knows all the details.

"Cas," Clementine says.

"Yeah?" He looks at her, rubbing his forehead and eyes.

"Go rest." She tells him.

"I'm fine."

"If your head is still giving you trouble, you should rest." Don backs Clementine up.

"I'll help with this, and then I'll rest." He slips his sunglasses back on. "Just point me in a direction."

"Stanley, can I have your gun?" Clementine asks him.

"Uh... Sure." He pulls his pistol from his holster and hands it to her. Clementine stows it in her pants.

"Thanks." Clementine takes a moment to think about things and then starts directing. "Louis, Aasim, and Stanley, you head through the school and check all the areas we don't use. Then walk around the perimeter. Cas and I will head into the woods and see what we can find."