Chapter 81

Ron's POV

" I never got the box but someone did... who could have taken the box? " I was thinking aloud.

" Someone, who knew there was such a box and it was lying on the bed," he said thinking something.

" Who else had she told about it? "  I asked.

" Only her best friend at that time," he replied.

" Why would she do it? Could it be that guy, who tried kissing her?? I scolded him at the party as well, as he came uninvited. "  I said.

"  Do you remember his name? " he asked.

" No!!! But I remember his face, do you have your class group picture? " I asked.

"  I know, whom you are talking about, It was Ishaan,"  he said and took a deep breath. I was surprised to know that he knew about it.

" Yes, something like that. How do you know that? " I asked immediately.

" Because I know, exactly who did it," he said calmly.

" You know? How? Why didn't you tell her to clear the misunderstanding? " I asked him.

" I couldn't do it,  because I didn't know anything at that time. When she told me that it was you she was so humiliated that she never wanted to see your face again. " He explained.

" How and when did you come to know?? "

" I had seen that guy inside their home at the party that night and I remember to see him right in front of her room. I knew that he had proposed to her but she had rejected him for you. And I went to the school and got out the information as to who got them pasted there. It was difficult, but I finally got to know it was Ishaan who did it, I managed to get the recording and... " he was saying and could not help interrupting him.

" You got the recording?? Why didn't you give it to me?? I would have killed that guy. "  I was getting angry now.

" That's exactly why I didn't give it to you. Moreover, Mihir was very angry with you after looking at all those things, especially that picture, and was also trying to get proof against you. So I had to prove to him that you were not involved in it. " He said hesitantly.

" How sweet Of you, my little brother, but you should have told me or at least her." I hugged him.

" She had already left for the USA. And I didn't want to let you know because you already looked very upset those days. And I didn't want you to get in a fight with Mihir. So we found out Ishaan was the culprit and Mahi's best friend was also involved in it. Mihir and I had a fight with Ishaan and Mihir threatened him to leave the city or he would report it to the police. We even went to the girl's place and he threatened his parents that he could spoil their life, especially the girl's life by reporting it to the police and if that girl could spoil Mahi's reputation, his family being superrich could easily spoil her reputation in minutes so if he doesn't want to bear the repercussions of what their daughter did, he must leave the city and she should never try talking to Mahi again or he will make it a personal agenda and spoil her and her family's reputation so much that they will be outcasted. Her parents shifted from here within a week. "  Ruhan said.

" Where is that Ishaan?? "  I said clenching my jaw and fist.

"Calm down, bhai! He also left the city." He said.

" You should have told me, I was already involved in it up to the neck. Mahi has been thinking that I displayed all the things and she hated me for so many years. " I said.

" I am sorry, Bhai. But see at least, I gave you a chance to know about her emotions," he said sheepishly.

" Yes, thanks a lot, I didn't even know that my little brother had grown up so much. I remember protecting you from getting bullied in the school in the beginning and here you protected me... though I would have not wanted to be protected that day, I would have proved to her that I didn't do it. "  I smiled at him and nodded.