Chapter 36

Ron's POV

So I started flirting with other girls to get her out of my mind, just wanted to forget about her, and it used to take my mind away from her and her innocence, so it was kind of fun and relaxing to flirt with girls.

I started flirting with girls to push away the haunting thoughts of the sweet little Mahi to some extent.

I kept ignoring her cute and sincere efforts to gain my attention and hoped that one day, she would find someone who would love her unconditionally and fulfill her dreams of a romantic relationship.

I believed that she deserved to find someone who reciprocated her feelings fully and that her crush on me would eventually fade away.

It didn't, but I started getting attracted to her and started noticing everything about her, the way she used to look at me with open admiration, the way she used to avoid other boys and be absolutely crazy about me.

In spite of my every effort to stay as far as possible from her, Mahi was hell-bent to gain my attention. She was ready to go to any extent, even if she was hurt in the process.

I remember once when I was standing near the swimming pool, engrossed in a conversation with a Pavani, my neighbor who also joined the sports club for swimming, trying some light-hearted flirting. She was somewhat like me, not interested in anything permanent or serious. So I always preferred talking to her as she didn't expect commitment from me. Our playful banter and the way she interacted with me brought a smile to my face.

I enjoyed her company and appreciated the attention she bestowed upon me.

However, amidst our interaction, I couldn't help but notice the sudden movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned just in time to see Mahi, falling into the pool. Shock washed over me as I realized that she had done it purposely.

What the hell!!!

I  rushed to her aid immediately. As I helped her out of the water, I felt a mix of emotions flood me. I was relieved that she was unharmed, grateful that I was there to save her from a potentially dangerous situation. But at the same time, I was bewildered by her actions and worried about her well-being.

My heart ached with a sense of responsibility and I felt a need to protect her, not just physically, but also emotionally. I understood that her actions stemmed from her deep desire to be noticed and loved by me, but I couldn't reciprocate those feelings in the same way, even though I wanted it now.

As I looked into her eyes, the concern must have been evident in my gaze, I struggled to find the right words to convey my thoughts. I wanted to make it clear that her actions were unnecessary and dangerous.

"Are you alright?" I asked, my voice filled with genuine concern as I held her by the shoulder, but she fainted.

I pressed her stomach to get the water out of her, that she swallowed. And when she still didn't open her eyes. I gave her CPR and I don't know why but I felt something more than usual, during giving CPR to her.

How could I feel something while doing something so mechanical as giving CPR??

She came back to her senses but I was losing it. I could not forget the feel of her soft, plump, and cold lips. I was shocked by my reaction.

That was not right, I could not think like that for her. She was literally a child.

Seeing Mahi in a vulnerable state, unconscious and needing assistance, left a lasting impression on me. I genuinely cared about her safety and wanted to ensure that she recovers fully from the incident. I felt a sense of responsibility and protectiveness toward her as I became more aware of the depth of Mahi's feelings toward me.

Her desperate attempt to gain my attention by putting herself at risk troubled me deeply. I couldn't fathom why she would go to such lengths or jeopardize her own safety. I knew her infatuation with me had been growing, but I never anticipated it would lead her to take such drastic measures.

I needed to do something, but what? I could not reciprocate her feelings nor could I reject her and break her heart, especially not after that stunt she pulled at the pool. Even if I talked to her about she would not back out, and there was a risk that my friends would get to know about it. And I could not afford that.

Despite my previous attempts to ignore or downplay her affections, her embrace and clinging to me after regaining consciousness highlights the intensity of her emotions and even I was affected more and more affected by it. I felt good having her in my arms but I had to behave and control my feelings.

How could she feel so strongly for me when I have been ignoring her?

I could not tell her directly to stay away from me or that I didn't want her to feel that way for me as any rejection could potentially strain my friendship with Manik or cause emotional distress for Mahi. Thus, I chose to maintain a neutral stance, neither encouraging nor discouraging her feelings, to avoid causing any harm or discomfort.

I experienced guilt for unintentionally leading Mahi on or not addressing her feelings earlier and that my actions and proximity during the rescue may have deepened her attachment to me. This internal conflict created a sense of unease and made me question my own behavior and intentions.

As I witnessed her jealousy and desperation, particularly when I interacted with other girls, I felt a sense of responsibility towards her emotional well-being, was scared for her, she was a very emotional person. I needed to take care of her.

Until then, I thought, I would continue to be there for her as a friend, and a mentor,  offering support, kindness, and guidance whenever she needed it.

But fate had other ideas than me. It rolled the dice that started changing my life.

After that incident at the pool, I started developing more intense feelings for her seeing the intensity of her feelings for me.

Though many girls had crushes on me, no one had ever looked at me the way Mahi used to. I could always feel it when she was around. And I liked the feeling a lot.

Overall, I found myself in a complex emotional situation where I was torn between my duty to protect Mahi, my budding feelings for her, my parents' relationship with her's and my own friendship with Manik. 

Reciprocating her feelings would have created problems in my friendship with Manik. Raj was interested in Myra and when Viren came to know about his feelings for his sister, he and Sujal had between him and their relationship was strained. Raj suffered a lot, I didn't want to be in the same situation.

However I tried not to react to her sweet gestures, I could not forget the efforts she was making, her obsession and dedication toward me were driving me crazy. It was so difficult for me to pretend as if I was oblivious to her feelings.

Whenever I came to know through Ruhan or anyone else that someone proposed to her and she refused, I used to feel good and bad at the same time. She was so cute and loved me as no one could, and I could not even accept her love. All I could do was take good care of her secretly, so I took care of all those guys, who bothered her.

I wanted to revolt against her dad but his dad was not the only issue. I was so confused. So flirting with girls to keep all this off my mind seemed the easiest option. Though I didn't cross any limit with any of them. I restricted myself to just kissing and flirting at the most.

😍😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️🫣🫣🫣😠😠😠🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺😊😊😊

Hello friends 👋

Good morning

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Sorry for not responding to your comments. I was not well for the last two days. Much better now.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take care of yourself and have a great day.

Thanks
Chhavi.