Pregnancy news

Three months after the doctor visit and 15 months after their marriage, finally Shivu missed her periods. AK was in outdoor shoot when she left him a couple of missed calls which he noticed during his break. He quickly called her back to hear her anxious voice saying, "Ak inniki thaan realize panninen enakku one week thalli poirukku. Pregnancy kit vaangittu vandhirukken but enakku bayama irukku." AK felt butterflies in his heart, "Nejama va ma sollarey? That's great news. Naan onnu pannaren. Eppidiyum weekend shoot illai. Director kitta kettu I will red a red eye back home. I want to be there with you maa." Shivu felt relieved. She decided to wait for him to get home.

She stayed up at night reading a book. It was almost 2am when he arrived. He quickly came in and kissed her. He freshened up and changed into something more comfortable. As soon as he stepped out of the shower, Shivu said, "Ok let's do this. Are you ready?" She held his hand. It was cold and he could see the anxiety in her eyes. He quickly hugged her and reassured her saying, "Maa enna paaru. Naan inge thaan irukken. Whatever it is, I am right here with you ok?" Shivu nodded, took a deep breath and went into to bathroom. She came out in a couple of minutes looking even more anxious, "adhu beep pannum podhu Neenga poi paarunga please, enakku bayama irukku." He hugged her and said, "Kandippa. Nee ukkaru." In a couple of minutes they heard the beep and Shivu's heart started racing. AK went into the bathroom quietly. Shivu sat on the bed closing her eyes tightly and muttering prayers. She did not open her eyes until she felt the tap on her shoulder. She turned to look up at him and his face was beaming. He said, "Inge paaru maa? Two solid lines. We are pregnant. Namma Appa Amma aagaporom." Shivu grabbed the kit from him with trembling hands. She looked at the two lines and burst into happy tears. They hugged and kissed each other. She took a picture of it before throwing it away. Her happiness knew no bounds. Her prayers had finally been answered. She wanted to let the entire world know but AK calmed her down.

He said, "Maa let's keep it low key. Oru 4 months pona aparam solikalaam maa." But Shivu was in no mood to listen to him. She, in fact, got upset with him for even suggesting that and said, "Enna Neenga? Nadakkuma nadakkuma nu nadandha vishayam. I want to share this with every one. Udane Amma Appa, Athai Mama kitta sollalaam. Avanga evalo happy ya irupaanga theriyuma. Aparam Pugazh Anna, Monisha ellarukkum. Actually only theriyuma? Monisha oda papa kum namma paapa kum few months thaan difference irukkum. Rendum serndhu school pogum. Adhungalukku best friends aa irukkum. Evvalo jolly ya irukkum le?" She was getting very hyper and AK had to calm her down, "Seri Appa Amma kitta mattum ippodaikku solalaam" but Shivu was paying no heed to what he said and she continued, "Aparam namma fans evvalo happy ya irupaanga social media la indha pic paatha udane." He held her hands and made her look at him and continued, "Maa you know I cannot say no to you but this time I have to put my foot down. You cannot put this on social media. Definitely not yet. At least idhukku naan sollara pecha kelu." She pouted but did not argue with him. He continued, "Maa ippo thoongu aparam morning la veetla phone panni solikalaam ok?"

Shivu finally calmed down and went to bed. Although she was restless all night, she managed to rest a bit before calling both sides of the family to give the good news. The following day, AK had to fly back to his shoot. After he left, she called Pugazh, Monisha, Prakash anna. She sent the pic of her pregnancy result to all these people and also to her best friends from college. Unfortunately, the pic somehow leaked out in twitter and the news spread like wild fire. All you tube channels started to report the news and both AK and Shivu started getting phone calls from random media channels. AK was furious and Shivu was extremely confused. AK called her and said, "Enna maa idhu. Naan unkitta paduchu paduchu sonnen la? Aparam how did this news spread? Adhuvum with pics of the pregnancy test." Shivu was in tears when she said that she had sent it to her trusted friends but no one knew how this had spread and there was no way of stopping it.

This was all fine until the incident that happened 8 weeks later. Shivu was at a recording studio when she suddenly experienced abdominal cramps. She went to the bathroom and noticed some bleeding. She had read that some people do experience such things during pregnancy so she decided to focus on the recording. As hours went by the pain increased to a point where it became excruciating. She asked the assistant to call for the ambulance. The music director reached out to AK while she called her parents on her way to the hospital. When AK reached the hospital, Shivu was already in the operation theatre. Unfortunately, it had been in ectopic pregnancy, which had ruptured her left tube. A DNC had to be done immediately to clean it up. AK was sitting panic stricken when Dr. Gayathri came out asking to speak with AK in private.

She said, "AK I don't have the best news for you. Shivu had an ectopic pregnancy which means fetus uterus varaikkum reach aagama tube la develop aaga arabichuduchu. As it grew, there was no space and as a result tube burst ayiduchu. Unfortunately, ippo her chance of pregnancy has reduced to 50%. Ippodaikki she is fine and you can take her home in a couple of hours. Oru 2-3 months ku be careful. She is not strong enough for any surprises. Adhukku aparam let us see how things go. I am sorry." AK was shattered to hear this but he was more worried about Shivu. How will she handle this news? He had to prepare himself to handle her but the biggest problem was that the entire world now new about the pregnancy and he knew how nasty people could be.

She needed to trust him 💯 and know that he will always be by her side, come what may.

Brinda Subramanian