Destiny

Suddenly the women heard a chuckle from the other side of the room. Shivu turned on the light and walked up to the bed asking, "Ennachu? Naanga pesardhu Ungalukku disturbing aa irundhudha?" AK smiled and said, "Illa maa thookam varale so nee kadhai sollardha kettutu irundhen. Enakkum flash back vandhu pochu adhu thaan sirichen." He then pulled himself up to a sitting position and Shivu quickly adjusted his pillow. He quickly grabbed her hand, looked at her lovingly and said, "Adhukku aparam namma Pugazhoo enna velithu vaangittane" and he kissed her hand. He then looked up at Rachna and said, "anniki night e Pugazh enakku call paninaan."

It was AK's turn to continue with the story. Pugazh called him later that night. "Mappillai eppidi da irukke? Yen da phone number a maathi tholacha. Nalla vela audio launch podhu unga Appa kitta avaroda number vaangi vachirundhen. Avarkitendhu oru vazhiya un number vaagardhukulla uyire pochu da. Dei yen da ippidi ellam panni tholayara. Nee mattum en kaila kedache na enna pannaren nu mattum paaru?" AK replied, "Sorry da Machaan. Ennennamo nadandhu pochu da. Onnume purila. Ava eppidi da irukka? Avala nalla paathuko da. Avala naan romba kashta paduthitten da. Paavam da ava." Pugazh rolled his eyes and sighed, "Shabbbbaaa..... unga rendu perayum vachukittu. Oru thar mela oruthar ivvalo love vachirukeenga le aparam enna da. Naan Avakitta pesi puriya vachuttu thaan da varen. Ava prachanai enna nu avalukku purinju pochu. Enna pannanum num avalukku theriyum. Nee ippo soga geetham padaama aaga vendiya velaiya paaru da. Nalla oru comeback kudukanum da nee. Adhula mattum ippodhaikku focus pannu. Aparam konjam confidence vandha udane avala vandhu paathu pesuda. Namma Padam release aagattum. Makkal kitta vidu, seriya? Indha industry ya purinjukko. Ippidi Appavi ya irundha velaikku aagadhu. Enakku call pannu appappo. Yaaru friends yaaru colleagues nu therinjukko. Apparam.... Edhuva irundhalum, eppova irundhaalum enakku call pannu seriya? Summa moolaiya pottu kozhappikkadhe. Freeya vidu da. Ellam seri ayidum. Ava eppovume un kooda thaan irukka." I broke down listening to his last words. I am not sure if it was relief or comfort but after that I really felt good. I had a better clarity. I knew that while I was preparing for the release of my film, I needed to keep myself occupied. Slowly Shivu and I started giving each other signals through social media. We were not talking to each other but we had our code language, didn't we?" AK pulled Shivu close to him and she sat beside him on the bed, his arm around her shoulder. He moved a little to give her some space. She stretched her leg and rested her head on the headrest, sharing the pillow that he was resting his head on. Now they were both facing Rachna.

AK continued, "the release day was approaching and I could barely sleep. I missed her so much. I recalled the conversations we had had at the beach. We had planned to go together for the FDFS, sit together and she had wanted to scream out my name but alas, I could not even call her but I knew she was thinking of me, was worried for me and was excited for me. So much so, that she came on Twitter spaces. She sounded terrible. She was coughing but she wanted me to know that the only reason she wasn't watching it was because she was down with a virus. She came just to show her support for me" he entwined his fingers with her and continued, "that moment I know that I would fight this world to get her back. I will give up everything for her. The bond we had was destiny. We were meant to be together and nothing can stop that from happening. The movie released. She had sung for me and I broke when I heard her voice in the theatre. I wanted her to be beside me, not my costars. I wanted her to see the love people had for her voice, I wanted her to experience this ecstasy. I knew she will watch it once she feels better but that moment was lost forever. Even today I feel that emptiness." Shivu quickly kissed his cheeks bringing a smile to his face.

Rachna looked at both of them in awe. She said, "awwww.... Oh my God! This is such a previous love story. Uncle, it is so nice to hear your side of the story as well. I know it is really late an you two must be tired. Why don't we continue the story tomorrow? Oh by the way, what happened to Pugazh anna? Where is he now?" AK laughed and said, "Avanukku enna. Avan ulagam sutrum vaalibhan thaan ippovum. He has businesses all over the world and he constantly travels. He never fails to visit us and spoil Ananya. Avangalukku rendu pasanga so Ananya is the daughter he doesn't have." Then AK looked at Shivu and asked, "Avan kitta idhellam sollala le? Adhukku vera theva illama tensed ayiduvaan." Shivu nodded saying, "Ille sollale but weekend varanga anna vum anni yum. Neenga discharge ayiduveenga but unga ota vaai ponnu pottu kuduthiruppa." AK chuckled.

Rachna smiled and said, "Ok romba late ayiduthu. Neenga love birds angeye thoongunga. Naan poi coffee kuduchittu appidiye hospital a suthi paathuttu varen" she winked. Shivu smacked her forehead saying, "Ayo kadavule,  naanga enna honey moon couple aa?" AK looked at her and whispered, "Yen irukka koodadha?" She glared at him and said, "Adhu seri, evalo stents pottu heart a otti vachirukaanga theriyuma? Idhula romance onnu thaan korachal" and pinched him, only to receive a quick peck on her cheeks from him.

Brinda Subramanian