Chapter 63 Promises

(To Kohaku)

"You mean, you forgot what your parents look like, Kohaku?" The old man asks causing Kohaku to nod.

"Did they die in battle?" The old man questions.

"I don't know." Kohaku responds causing the old man to sigh.

"That's a shame. I suppose it's a good thing you ended up here with us in the Castle." The old man points out causing Kohaku to nod.

"We're all one big family here, everyone who works here." The old man adds causing Kohaku to nod once more, but the sound of a scream rings out grabbing everyone's attention and Kohaku jumps up from his bed.

(To (Y/N) )

beginning to hear screams echo out, but they sounded a bit far from me.

"I don't know what's happening, but something tells me it's nothing good." I think as I began struggling to get my body to move or my eyes to open.

(To Kohaku)

"Bird Demons!" The old man calls out after they opened the hut to see the Birds eating the outside guards.

"Get back!" The old man instructs causing Kohaku to rush over to a box as a few Bird Demons come into the hut through the door. Flying towards the old man he falls onto the ground, but before the Bird Demons could get him, Kohaku uses his chain scythe, which was in the box to kill them.

"Amazing." One of the men remark, but Kohaku quickly rushed out of the hut towards the door.

"No! Kohaku!" The old man pleads.

"Don't come outside no matter what, understand?" Kohaku requests as he then shuts the door.

(Kohaku's POV)

I was looking up at the bird Demon's flying through the air when the Shikon Jewel Shard that was embedded in my back began to glow.

"Kohaku, protect (Y/N) and the Infant." Naraku's voice rang through my head causing my eye to go cloudy for a minute, but I shook my head. "I'll look for them and whichever one I find first I'll protect them." I think as I begin to run through the castle grounds.

(To 1st Princess)

"I'm worried, my Lady." Hand Maid 1 insists as they were all sitting behind the 3 woman guarding the Princess and Infant in her hands.

"Don't be, because after all, my baby is safe here with me. However, I'm more worried about my sister..." The 1st Princess trails off causing one of the guards to glance back at her.

"Do not worry my Lady, their were guards placed around the 2nd Princess's room protecting her as well." Guard 1 informed.

(To (Y/N) )

( (Y/N)'s POV)

The screams began to sound closer, but not only that I recognized the Demon screeches that I could hear ring out around me.

"It's Princess Abi's birds... So she must be turning against Naraku, great." I think as I felt pain from my injury.

"Will I finally die here?" I wondered as I heard a scream so close, it hurt my ears. Feeling, my body begin to trembling I felt bewildered.

"If my truest wish is to die, why do I feel frightened?" I wonder, but then a light shot through the darkness I had been trapped in.

(To Kagome)

"The birds finally showed up?" Inuyasha asks as Kagome was on his back.

"The Castle is under attack." Songo answers, while her, Miroku, and Shippo were riding on Kirara.