015. 'she told me my resentment's getting smaller'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

XV. THE DAY I'LL PLANT A GARDEN FOR YOU

━━━━━━

"I grew up here 'til it all went up in flames

Except the notches in the door frame"

         IN ALL HER YEARS OF living — which was not considerably much — Dodie had never ever stepped foot inside a junkyard before even when her life had depended on it.

But it seem as though December was proving to be a very lucky month for her; she had gotten her first period in December... she had found out she was a half-blood in December... And now she was simply receiving her fair share of junkyard memories in December. Oh, December... What a swell life she was simply living, right?

"That stuff..." Looking around to where Bianca was pointing at, which they immediately saw the bronzes, golds, and silvers of trinkets lying around as if it was just a bunch of junk. Bianca's eyes gleamed, "Some of it looks like real gold!"

"Maybe because it is — wouldn't be surprising, you know, considering a god rules this place. It would be weirder if there were not at least the tiniest bits of gold to show-off," said Dodie simply, noticing a glimmering flower crown made out of diamond buried along the chariots.

Thalia nodded grimly at the image before them, "Definitely the junkyard of the gods, all right. Like Percy said, don't touch anything."

"Junk?" Grover picked up a beautiful crown made of gold, silver, and jewels. It was broken on one side as if it had been split by an axe. "You call this junk?"

He bit off a point and began to chew. "It's delicious!"

"Grover! " Dodie forced him to choke it out as Thalia swatted the crown out of his hands: "I'm serious!"

"Look!" Bianca said. She raced down the hill, tripping over bronze coils and golden plates, before picking up a bow that glowed silver in the moonlight. "A Hunter's bow!"

Dodie slapped her own cheeks in frustration, "Is anyone even listening anymore? Are we just going to pretend like we're deaf?"

Then Bianca yelped in surprise, garnering all of their attention. They snapped their heads at her and grasped their weapons at the ready, thinking she had seen a monster or worse, only to see the bow shrinking in her hand and becoming a hair clip shaped like a crescent moon. "It's just like Percy's sword!"

Zoe's face was grim. "Leave it, Bianca."

"But —"

"It is here for a reason. Anything thrown away in this junkyard must stay in this yard. It is defective. Or cursed."