021. 'You are sick, and you're married, and you might be dyin''

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

XXI. THE DAY I SING A MOON SONG FOR THE STARS

━━━━━━

"It's nautical themed, 

and there's something I'm supposed to say"

         DODIE WASN'T NAIVE. SHE WANTED to be naive though, but she wasn't.

She knew how the world works. She was aware of how much of a melting pot it was, filled with things that were hard to expect sometimes. This was the world that Dodie had lived in for almost fourteen years, and she had always hoped that she would be able to carry more years on her back; she had a whole plan that might make her live past her twenties. It was a hopeless plan, but it was also intricate and clever if she were to say so herself. However, out of all that was in her organised plans and bucket lists, nothing could ever prepare her to face a Titan.

But now, standing at the peak of Mount Tamalpais with Helio shining in its whole bronze glory, the very weapon which she had never thought she would ever find herself using, she realised that this perhaps be her fate.

She didn't say it was a good one.

As the ticking of time made itself known, the halting of worlds became exceedingly prominent, they stood with batted breaths, preparing for battle. A battle that they weren't sure they were ever going to come out of alive.

But they were going to die trying.

Then...

"Now!"

Together, they charged.

Thalia was the first to land a strike and it was straight for Luke, who immediately tossed aside a very weak Annabeth like she was a mere speck of dust at one of the dracaenas as he charged for battle. Despite his sickly appearance, Luke was still quick with his sword — maybe there was a reason why Luke was known as the best swordsman in camp. And he still is. When his sword, Backbiter, met Thalia's shield, a ball of lightning erupted between them, frying the air with yellow tendrils of power.

"Luke, wake up!" Thalia exclaimed.

Luke's lips curled, "Oh, I am fully awake, old friend. It's you who hasn't!"

Well, Dodie deduced that she wasn't going anywhere near them. She thought she could comprehend the fact that she was supposed to be in battle mode first before she actually was to go into the battle. She wanted to do that, but then she heard a whine of pain nearby. Dodie turned; it was Annabeth as she was seized harshly by the dracaenas. The blonde looked as if she could barely stand as the snake ladies began dragging her away.