005. 'tripping out, thinking there must be more to life'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

V. THE DAY I REALISED I HAVE DADDY ISSUES

━━━━━━

"I've got the time and I'm wasting it slowly

Here at this moment, I'm halfway out the door"

         IT WAS FOUL — ABSOLUTELY WRONG of her, but Dodie wished it was her that the manticore had taken instead of Annabeth.

Now, now, settle down. She didn't have such thoughts all because she was going through a 'Woe is me,' moment in her life, thinking that "Oh, it should've been me!" or, "Annabeth shouldn't have been the one to fall. It was all my fault..." Because in all seriousness, that was half a truth and half a lie.

Shamelessly, she would like to admit, the reason why she wished it had been her the manticore had dragged to, god knows where was because she wanted nothing more than to avoid this seriously unneeded reunion.

Looking out into the cold, darkly snowy horizons that surrounded the camp, Dodie didn't hold a sceptical expression on her face. Why would she be sceptical of the sun's arrival? If anything, she was the best person to confirm that the sun was coming even if it was dead in the night. She knew it; she could feel it vividly —

"Cool!"

Dodie yelped at the suddenness. Startled, she wheeled around with her instantaneously reaching for the comb behind her head, when she realised that it was only Nico. She blinked.

He stared at her with glimmering eyes.

She contorted into confusion. "What?"

"You're glowing!"

Glowing...? Dodie took a moment to register Nico's words as she gradually travelled her eyes to her very being before her eyes went ajar. Her cheeks reddened; she was flustered as she pinched herself to regain control of her glow. "Go away, go away, go away!" she chanted over and over again.

It dissipated.

Dodie let out a breath of relief. She then looked at Nico in a faux manner. "No, I wasn't," she said.

Nico furrowed his brows. "Yeah, you were!"

"No," Dodie said simply, watching seamlessly as the Hunters broke camp as quickly as they had set it up, "I was not," The last thing she wanted was for someone else to have the knowledge that she could glow-in-the-dark.

The last thing she needed was the eccentric, every-so-hyper Nico di Angelo to have the knowledge that she was a glowstick.

Nico wanted to retort, don't get him wrong, however, he couldn't as soon enough he found himself shivering from the cold along with Percy and Thalia, all the while Dodie looked a bit unbothered in her skirt and t-shirt. They were the complete opposite of the Hunter, all of whom didn't seem to feel at all uncomfortable.