017. 'i'm fine with my spite'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

XVII. THE DAY I KNEW CLOSURE ISN'T WITH A GINGER

━━━━━━

"Guilty, guilty reaching out across the sea

That you put between you and me"

         DODIE DID NOT KNOW A lot of places inside the States. She hadn't been to a lot of places to begin with to know much about the States. Rarely, she had gotten out of the whole bubble that was New York after she had moved from England — hell, she barely even knew some of the buildings in New York, but that was because it was in Manhattan and so happened to have been the very place where her mother had been living. Other than that, Long Island was the only place in the States she was so familiar with.

You could even say that she knew more about the U.K. than she ever did here in the States, and she had been living here most of her childhood, aside from the many trips to Scotland to visit her gran's place. But that was beside the point.

The point: was that Dodie never had been to Hoover Dam before and quite honestly, she was quite excited to be sightseeing stuff for once. There was a little chamber in her mind that had already created a plan on what to do and how she would see a working power plantation. You know, if it weren't for a little, small, minor, minuscule fact: She was a daughter of a god. And with that, came trouble.

"Ohmygodsohmygodsohmygods!" Dodie cried as she and Percy ran for the visitor centre, dodging and ducking every chance they could as, without even bothering to look over their shoulders, they knew the skeleton warriors were tailing them. "What do we do, Percy? What do we do?!"

"Just keep on panicking, Dods!" yelled Percy, gnawing on his bottom lip as he clasped his hand around her wrist tightly as they ran.

Dodie would look at him almost incredulously if it weren't for the panicked look on her face. "What?! shouldn't you be trying to help me calm myself?!"

"Well, usually when you're panicking, it always means that things will end up fine!" It was a weird logic to carry, don't get Percy wrong. But it was the only way for him to cope as he continued to pull Dodie with him, running faster as their legs could manage; they needed to reach the others fast, or else they would be deadmeat — and Percy didn't want to be deadmeat just yet. His mom would kill him!

"Aren't you like, you know, a veteran quest-goer? Don't you have any ideas?" cried Dodie.

"Oh, like what?!"

"I don't know!"

Percy shook his head, "Just run!"

And that they indeed did. It was like they were running from the ginormous boar all over again. but instead of getting tired halfway, Dodie was filled with nothing but the adrenaline coursing through her very veins that it was to the point that, admittedly, perhaps she was running even faster than Percy.