004. 'i feel like I've been completely defeated'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

IV. THE DAY I SAW MY AUNT AGAIN

━━━━━━

"I have a terrible premonition that this is going to be a mess

I hear a ringing like a last warning in my ears"

           "UM... OKAY..."

If you were to ask Dodie D'Amour if it was possible for her to feel anything other than the dread that had been filling her mind, she would have said no. However, she guessed that even she could be wrong.

The reaction of Percy Jackson throughout the whole ordeal had somehow — stupidly — weirdly — lifted a small part of the burden she carried from within. It was odd, but that was the reality. She couldn't help but be, well, amused; he looked absolutely oblivious and his mere uncaringness of the fact that there was in fact a goddess — an Olympian — in front of him was a cherry on top. It was admirable in a way.

Dodie in turn unintentionally smiled at Percy, causing him to be taken aback by her foreign act. "Bless your heart," she said.

Percy looked at her weirdly, but her smile didn't last long as she caught his gaze at her, offended.

"What?"

"You're smiling at me... is it the end of times already?" Percy commented, looking around warily.

Dodie narrowed her eyes at him. "I'll actually shoot you,"

Percy looked at her, a hand over his heart, however before he could say anything to retort, Grover gasped and knelt down hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so... you're so... Wow!"

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped, clearly irritated. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!"

"Whoa," Bianca di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out."

Everyone turned to look at her, as she pointed her fingers at all of them in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots.

"Who... who are you people?"

Artemis gaze at the girl with a softening expression. "It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you! Who are your parents?"

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis. "Our parents are dead," she held her breath. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..." She faltered. Guessing by their faces, they didn't believe her...

"What?" she demanded defensively. "I'm telling the truth."

"You are a half-blood," Zoe Nightshade said. Her accent was hard to place. It sounded old-fashioned like she was reading from a really old book. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."