040. 'summer night, perfect occasion'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

XL. THE DAY I WATCH MRS. O'LEARY STEAL THE SHOW

━━━━━━

"Didn't know until I saw your face,

I was missin' out on every moment"

          THIS WAS NOT HOW SHE wanted to walk with a cheerleader ever in her life. Dodie had dreamed a lot of time about getting into a cheer team once she reached high school, you know? She thought that she might as well make use of her stupid demigod agility and flexibility. But now she didn't know if she ever wanted to be a cheerleader anymore if they were this mean. Like, the cheerleaders in her middle school were nice and pretty and kind, but glancing at Kelli, what if this was the reality of cheerleading in high school? That'll be terrible for baby Dodie's heart.

...of course, their situation right now was also bad in comparison to her high school teenage crisis. They were marching down the tunnel, flanked by dracaenae, with Kelli and the giant in the back, just in case they tried to make a run for it. But nobody seemed to worry about them running forward, because that was the direction they wanted them to go.

In the near distance, Dodie's gaze was drawn to an imposing pair of bronze doors, each standing tall at ten feet. These doors bore the emblem of crossed swords, leaving their purpose shrouded in mystery. From beyond those imposing gates, a distant and muffled roar echoed, akin to the collective voice of a raucous crowd.

"Oh, yessssss," said the snake woman on the left. "You'll be very popular with our hossssst."

Host? Like a game show host? But they already went through the Sphinx stupid game show. You're telling me there's more of this?

But Dodie didn't dare to say that to the dracaena and getting up close to them. As far as Dodie was concerned, they would've been women she would've admired from afar if it weren't for the prominent fork-tongues and eyes that were yellow with black slits for pupils like, well, snakes. And not to mention where their legs should've been was replaced with two massive snake trunks, mottled bronze and green. Dracaenas moved in a way that was a combination of slithering and walking — kinda like skiing.

Good thing Percy was impulsive because he asked the very thing that's bothering Dodie right now. "Who's your host?"

She hissed, which might have been a laugh. "Oh, you'll sssssee. You'll get along furiousssly. He'ssss your brother, after all."

Brother? Dodie glanced at Percy and instantly she thought of Tyson. But couldn't be, could it?

"My what?" Percy looked confused.