002. 'oh, my god, i feel it in the air'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

II. THE DAY I DANCE WITH THE DEVIL IN THE SUMMERTIME

━━━━━━

"Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness"

          WITH HOW HER LIFE WAS, Dodie was built to expect and see everything. Well, boy was she wrong. Military school is weird.

It wasn't like Dodie wanted to judge how others lived their lives, since, well, hers wasn't all that perfect either. But to be fair, it was hard not to judge when they were being absolutely nuts — though, then again, she had never been to Military school before, so maybe she was the nutty one...? Did that even make sense?

Either way, Dodie had a couple of qualms regarding this whole fiasco of a decoration for the party. She was no Dionysus kid, but she knew a thing or two about parties even without needing to be invited to one. And this one? Well, this one was just depressing honestly.

There were black and red balloons all over the gym floor, and guys were kicking them in each other's faces, or trying to strangle each other with the crepe-paper streamers taped to the walls. Girls moved around in football huddles, wearing lots of makeup and spaghetti-strap tops and brightly coloured pants and shoes that looked like torture devices. Every once in a while they'd surround some poor guy like a pack of piranhas, shrieking and giggling, and when they finally moved on, the guy would have ribbons in his hair and a bunch of lipstick graffiti all over his face. Some of the older guys looked more uncomfortable, hanging out at the edges of the gym and trying to hide like any minute they might have to fight for their lives.

"This just brought shame to Mr. D's legacy," Dodie shook her head in a disappointed manner before she turned to Grover with a sort of gleam in her eyes. "You should've told us that there was going to be a dance! Would've brought my makeup and dresses and —"

"You're getting distracted, dude." Percy said blankly from closely behind her, "We're not exactly here to party, you know?"

Dodie admit that, at first, she was slightly hurt. However now she was starting to feel utterly annoyed by Percy's unnecessary comments toward her. She already knew she was unlikeable in the eyes of many, she already knew how unapproachable she may seem and frankly, quite honestly, she didn't need some taboo son of Poseidon to remind her that every little second she was to utter a single word out of her mouth.

"Oh, sure me for being distracted and trying to cope over the fact that I'm not supposed to be here in the first place," bit Dodie, not glancing around at Percy. But if she did, she knew she wouldn't be able to handle the irritation that was proceeding to overflow her. "You wanna know who else isn't supposed to be here?"