007. 'i know what you're like, I know who you are'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

VII. THE DAY I REALISED CAPTURE THE FLAG IS JUST ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS FOR DEMIGODS

━━━━━━

"And I just started giving up

But that won't save us"

         DODIE REMEMBERED A FAINT MEMORY of hers that had made her who she is today. She couldn't say that it was a good memory, but it wasn't like she could say it was a bad memory either. It was just a memory.

A memory of what exactly the difference between love and like was.

It was odd, she knew that. She was just a fourteen-year-old who still had no idea of how exactly the world works, yet she was already questioning the Fates: "Hey, mind telling me what exactly the difference is, considering I think I like someone, but does that count as love? What exactly is love?" And that inquiry had long been embedded into her mind for years now, ever since she had first thought of it.

Ever since she was first introduced to the idea of love.

Love... Dodie used to be known as a sucker for that. She loved everything that had to do with love, from the very idea of receiving flowers and giving them to her love, to the prospect of one day exchanging vows — though she guess that was a bit too far off into the future for her to already fantasise about. She loved it, but just the idea of it.

Love and like were difficult to differentiate. Love and like were complex.

Dodie had learnt that the easy way? hard way? Either way, she had learnt the complexity of love in a certain way anyway. For instance, back when she was a mere twelve-year-old when she had gotten close to a fellow camper.

Now that she was thinking about it, it was almost embarrassing. But not in the way that was like, "Why him?" But more toward the perception of, "Ew, I can't possibly like someone!" Basically a more, well, innocent manner.

"'...Between the Poppy fields, I sing you a song of hope...'"

"What's that song about?" Dodie remembered him asking her once.

She shrugged as they watched the alignment of the stars. "It's just something I got from my mum,"

He leant his head against hers, "It's pretty,"

But clearly, it was a mistake.

Sometimes... things won't end the way you hope for...

Wait, why was she talking about love again? It was weird honestly, but she guessed the holidays had made her disgustingly sentimental. But it was nice to be reminiscent of what used to be once in a while before everything had been lost...