Every Hurting Reason

The ride felt like it was taken all night. Shayera had no problem with it.

Knuckles looked at her and whispered, "You won't get away with this Sonic."

Shayera sticks her tongue out and said, "Oh baby. We already did."

She chuckled and said, "Why did you think, we were going to see Mayor Fink? His village was falling apart by the seems. Begging for me to come back the moment he recognized me. He thought if he changed a few rules he would save the village and have his hero back but he was too late to make things right with me. With some hedgehogs and other certain creatures we reasoned to stay with us only for them to change their genders, we made sure we slowly brought hedgehog village to its knees."

She chuckled wickedly. Knuckles then said, "All of this is because we didn't believe you and we kicked you out."

Camilla then chimed into the conversation, "Oh, on the contrary boy. It's not just that. They rejected out idea of anyone having a transgender and it's not fair and Sonic agree to it when we told him."

Shayera then said, "Oh course that too. But my reasons are deeper than you think. Every single one of you were awful to me."

Knuckles jaw dropped as she continued, "You all criticize every single thing that I do. Tails use me for his experiment and not one of you considered my safety or my body getting hurt. You left me in a cage with Eggman for what?! Only one snarky comment?! You all booed at me when I tried to save you by unwinding that twine to save you all from getting crushed! You tied me to a tree all cause I was trying to help! You all never cared about me. You only do when I'm there to save you from Eggman killing you all. Like that just a guy thing?! You all laughed at me! Booed at me! Made a mockery out of me! Every single time you all turn me away! You all just crawling to your knees begging me to save you! Pretending to care!"

Knuckles gasped in horror, he never knew how hurt Sonic actually has been. He then said, "But Sonic, you got it all wrong!"

Sonic then suddenly said angrily, "Oh but I don't got it all wrong 'old friend'. You hurt me the most of all. You always say 'Not cool Sonic this' or Sonics a loser that! You never cared about me! You never stood up for me on that just a guy incident. You knew I never meant any harm and yet all of you thought I did! You kept making me a laughingstock! You called me a heartless monster when I try to warn you! You hurt me deep down. Every single one of you! You all hurt me not only mentally but physically! Every freaking day I had to endure what you all have done until that day!"

She had tears in her eyes as she angrily shook. Knuckles felt a little bad. He never meant Sonic any harm. But now he sees the person she has become.

Those reasons from the past made her this way. He then said, "But your wrong. We had your back. We always had!"

Shayera replied, "No you don't. You pitifully had my back. There's a difference! If you actually had my back, you could never do any of that to me!"

Those words cut through Knuckles like scissors. Camilla said to him, "She's got you there."

Shayera was angered and embittered by what they did. It made sense to Knuckles. This was not just Shayeras new life, this is her revenge for everything they did to her when she was Sonic.