Moonlight Lake

That night, Knuckles waited at the lake for the mysterious girl. Earlier just after they encountered each other, Knuckles got confronted by one of the villagers 'who heard from Professor Cluckins and Admiral Beaverton about him being smitten on the female hedgehog' told him that he needs to bring her some flowers in order to 'sweep her off her feet'.

Knuckles didn't think much of it but he started to think for a second, why was he doing this?

Knuckles said to himself, "Ugh. There's no way I can tell them. They will all think I'm crazy. Just like last time. I mean quiet honestly, this is nuts!"

That's when a familiar voice said, "Sorry I'm late, cutie." He turns to see Shayera dressed like an Egyptian Queen.

She was no doubtably breath taking. Shayera then said, "I coulda been here earlier, but I had a photoshoot and I had to take a shortcut."

She giggled. Knuckles was a little annoyed by her cute giggle but, that's when the sparks flew as Shayera twirled once as she said while getting close to the red echidna, "So, do you come here often? Cause I do. I love the moonlight lake. It brings the glimmer in my eyes."

Knuckles sees her eyes glimmer like the stars in the sky. He was nervous as heck before tripped on his own two feet and showing the flowers. Shayera was flattered.

She then said as she took the flowers, "Are these for me? How very sweet of you? Your such a sweetie, you big cutie." She then giggled as Knuckles just looked at her with amazement as he said, "Uhh thanks?"

Shayera then got close to him and said, "You wanna know something else I heard about you? I know your a real brave and very responsible leader."

Knuckles swallowed before he said, "Look lady, I dunno what you heard from, but Sonics the leader not me." Shayera asked confused, "Who?"

Knuckles thought, "Great now she's playing dumb." Thats when Knuckles said, "You know, Sonic The Hedgehog. Fastest hero alive. Our leader and friend."

Shayera 'in confusion' said, "Uhh, never heard of him. I only heard about you 4 and that's it." Thats when Shayera said as she got closer to him, "Now enough goofy off you big cutie. How about I return the favor for these flowers?"

She got close to Knuckles face as he blushed a hot pink. Knuckles heart skipped a beat as she got closer. The red echidna thought as the blue female got closer to his lips, "Oh man, what is she going to do?"

That's when his thoughts were interrupted when she kissed him on the lips. It was a surprise but Knuckles didn't expect this.

Shayera broke the kiss as she giggled and said, "There, I hope it's enough, cutie." She winks at him before walking off.

She sticks her tongue out and thought, "Seriously? Then again I'm a girl. What do I expect?"

She then heard Knuckles said while blushing, "She kissed me. Sonic kissed me. My own best friend kissed me on the lips. I'm terrified. Yet strangely amazed."

Shayera thought as she chuckled, "He really took the bait. He really let his guard down. What a cute but dumb oaf? Hehehe. Poor Knuckles doesn't know when to give up. But at least it was adorable of him to give me flowers."

Shayera looks at the flowers as she smirked and walked back to Transtopia.

Knuckles looked at the lake asked, "Am I actually falling for Sonic? No, she's not Sonic anymore. She's Shayera. But half of me says to expose her but the other half couldn't. What should I do?"