CHAPTER 44: Mr. Lean-Bean-Gene

Coco

Didn't I tell you that Vaani is the most beautiful woman? Soo gorgeous. I mean come on, I have a crush on her for some reason. I have been sticking to her since she arrived here with that 6'1 Lean-Bean-Gene.

I hate him.

Hey! You can't blame me. Who likes a man who sticks to their crush? My Dadda would kill someone if they looked at mumma like Aarav does at Vaani.

I ate my dinner faster than ever to climb onto her lap. She was still eating, though it was almost done. I squeezed between her and the vacant chair beside her to climb up, because the other side had Aarav completely sticking to her.

Huhh.

"Oh, my God. Stop sticking to her." Mumma shouted and I stilled in my actions. 

"I-I-m soo not sticking to her." Mr. Lean-Bean-Gene gulped. 

Mumma scowled looking at her, as she tilted her head as if to zoom in on his face. "I was talking to Coco. But good to know." A smirk dusted over her lips. She turned to look at Dadda and exchanged a mischievous grin before looking back at him.

I relaxed in Vaani's lap but one of my paws brushed against a calloused hand.

That can't be Vaani. She's soft and delicate. I looked down to see Aarav's hand resting on Vaani's thigh.

"Oh, coconuts!" I cussed pawing his hand away.

"Hey!" He tried to pat my hand away.

"Good Lord. What did you do to get him that angry?" Dadda said wiping his mouth while I roared at his bestfriend.

"Yeah? He never gets that angry." Mumma commented.

"I...uh...nothing." He patted me away but I didn't budge. Well not until Vaani picked me up to face her. 

"Hey, you know what we should do? We should have some ice cream." She said in a baby language. "You want some ice cream Coco Bear?" She adorably pouted and I purred in response. 

Yes, I do.

"He can't have ice cream," Mumma said out loud.

'Pwease Mumma.' I purred.

"I got him one from Fur Zone" She turned to me and spoke in a baby voice again. "Mango flavour. Just like my baby loves it."  She tapped on my nose and a wide smile approached my face.

Fur Zone was a popular pet store with all my favourite treats. Though I had never tried their ice cream, I love their mango-flavoured dog treats. 

After Mumma gave her a thumbs up, Vaani asked one of the helpers to serve everyone the other ice cream. She had bought a variety of ice cream flavours for everyone.

See! So thoughtful.

We bit into our dessert as Vaani fed me mine, herself.

Best. Day. Ever.

"Ira," Dadi called to Mumma, catching her attention away from Dadda. "Your mother called today. She has invited the two of you for brunch tomorrow." Mumma's body visibly tensed at the mention of her mother. 

I know as a matter of fact that Mumma doesn't talk to her parents. She has her reasons. They treated her like shit. They were so bad to her, that she had to live with her grandma to feel human again. Worst of all? They did this to their child because she has a dark complexion.

So, what? 

I know, I say that Vaani is my crush and I'm not comparing, but my Mumma's the prettiest woman on the planet.