CHAPTER 2: Ahaan Jindal

Ahaan

" Good morning passengers. This is your captain speaking. First I'd like to welcome everyone on Flight 86A. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 482 knots. The time is 8:25 am. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side we are expecting to land in Guwahati approximately fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. The weather in Guwahati is clear and sunny, with a high of 25 degrees for this morning. If the weather cooperates we should get a great view of the city as we descend. The cabin crew will be coming around in about twenty minutes time to offer you a light snack and beverage. I'll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight." I speak into the microphone.

It was supposed to be a good day today.I had just two flights instead of three and I could have my hard earned sleep but my mom wouldn't let that happen. She just wouldn't stop talking me into getting married. This whole marriage things spoils my mood every time. I don't know why people don't understand that marriage isn't everything. I love my freedom and I just don't wanna give up on it to have to share it with one single person for the rest of my life when I can have anyone I want all the while not having to worry about commitment.

"You seem pretty stressed up today." my co-captain cum bestfriend says. It was one of the rare days when I had an aviaton with him.

"I am not stressed up." I openly lie.

"I have known this voice of yours for over six years and a monotonous 'Goodmorning passengers' instead of your usual 'Goodmorning ladies and gentlemen' in your chearful voice. well chearful is an overstatement" he says eyeing me before focusing back on the controls, "...well in your happy voice. So speak up kid what's up?". I know there is no use of hiding things from him so I speak up.

" Mom wants me to get married and settle down."

"And you hate marriage because...?"

"Because it's idiotic. Sharing my life with a single person for my entire life it's to much responsibility. My entire life I haven't beieved in love. It takes too much efforts you know. I mean my parents had an arrange marriage and never have I ever seen them expressing their love for each other. It's like it was more of their duty to get into this marriage arrangement have kids and move ahead. I don't wanna do that. I can't ruin someone's life or even mine." sighing my disappointment at the thought.

" I would have said that you don't have to ruin your or someone else's life when you could actuall fall in love and have a happy ever after but given your dislike toward this 'L' word I'm gonna give you an idea to overcome this problem of your's" he says rolling his eyes at the last part.

"What idea?" I say intrigued.

"Ask your mother to find you a match."

" Seriously that's your idea? Thanks for the great advice man." focusing my eyes backs on the gears.

" Atleast listen to the entire plan. I am saying meet a few girls of her choosing, chat a little, come back home and just say no to with some excuse and just message the girl an apology. After a while they will stop looking anyways."

That sounds like a plan. I can do this. I just need to interact a little and say no and then I will text her an apology. Yeah I can do this.

"That's a nice idea. I will do this. Thanks man."

"Don't thank. Just get me some booze." and I laugh at that.

When I land at Guwahati I call my mother to tell about my decision without thinking much about it because had I pondered over it more, I am pretty darn sure I'd have discarded this idea.

"Thankyou sweetheart. I promise I will get you a great match. You will love this girl." she said over the phone.

"Wait what do you mean? Mumma?You haven't already found a girl, have you?"

"Seema aunty knows this family. They own a publishing house. She is their second daughter and she is a doctor. She in her final year of surgery residency and she works at the City Hospital and she is beauiful!."

" Wait a minute, you found me a match without my consent?"

"You will love her baby and please don't get angry just yet. Meet her once and if you don't like her, we won't pressurise you. Just do this for me and your dad. Please"

I sighed, "Fine mom, but next time onwards please consult me before you find yourself a potential bahu."She just laughed and bid me a bye.

I thought if I said yes she would take atleast an year to find me a match, I had no idea she would be waiting for my yes just to show me a rishta straightaway.

Oh God this thing is getting real.

.

.

.

.

And that was our hero. Did you all like Ahaan? What's your take on his views regarding marriage?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow.

Have a great day <3