CHAPTER 31: Scars

Ahaan

"Shoot...shoot...shoot." I woke up to a faint womanly voice. I tried to open my eyes and clear my vision by repeatedly blinking. I straightened my back and felt immediate stiffness.

"Ouch." I blinked my eyes a few times to clear my vision.

"I am so sorry. I'm so so sorry." Ira's worried voice caught my attention.

"What happened?" my voice was heavy and hoarse with sleep. "Why are you apologising?" I tried to crane my neck but it was rigid. I held my stiffened neck and tried to stretch my back. This thing was stiff as rock.

"I held your hand all night long." her voice was laced with concern.

"So, my wife's apologising for holding my hand? What a lucky man I was." I chuckled.

"Hey." she gave my shoulder a slight push and pain shot right up my spine and I hissed. "Sorry." she apologised again. "You should have woken me up. Now you have a stiff neck and a rigid back." she kneeled to my level and held my hand that was placed over my neck. "Come on, let me help you to bed." She held my other hand with another of hers and helped me to the bed.

"I tried to take my hand but it was disturbing you which I didn't want. You needed your sleep." I laid on my back and a sliver of pain ran down my spine.

"If you had disturbed that sleep of mine, you wouldn't be having this pain." She sat at the edge of the bed and adjusted my pillow.

"Well, I have a doctor as a wife, don't I?" she gave me a questioning glare but then nodded. "Then help your husband out, dharampatni." I made puppy eyes at her and she rolled her eyes. Damn, that was hot.

"Fine," she says standing up. "I will go, get some oil for your massage."

Ooh man, this day is gonna get a good start. Guess, God's making up for all these barren months.

I lay there for not more than five minutes before she returned with a tray and the whiff of peppermint filled my nostrils. 

She placed the tray on the nightstand and I saw it containing a glass bowl with oil, a towel, a water bottle and some medicine.

"Take off your shirt." she said standing back straight, "and roll on your back."

"Situation ka advantage uthana chahti hain aap? Iss abla mard ko chhod dijiye." I faked being offended and scared.
(You want to take advantage of the situation? Please leave this helpless man.)

" I was saying for the massage. Par theek hai jaane deti hu iss "abla mard" ko. Nahi karti koi massage." She smirked and turned her back to me, to leave.
(But okay, I will let go of this "helpless man". I won't give any massages.)

"No. No." I extend my arm to hold her wrist and even that pained. "I was just joking." she faked a scowl and crossed her arms over her chest. I concentrated my eyes on her honey-brown ones, trying to convince her with my eyes.

"Okay Kay, don't give me that look." she made a fake disgusted face, but I knew my magic worked on her. "aur ab jaisa bola hai waisa kariye."
(Now do as I say)

I crisscross my arms hold the hem of my t-shirt and try to pull it over my head but as I reach my midriff a hiss escaped my mouth.

"Offo." her concern-laced voice sounded closer than before as she sat next to me on the bed. Her hands rest above mine. "Wait. Let me help you."

Technically my male ego shouldn't allow me to do so, but since childhood, the ladies at home have taught me enough to not have an ego as big as the burj khalifa. So I sat back, locating the bed with my toe so that I was at her height to accept the help.