CHAPTER 35: Who is Laila?

Ira

He bent low to my level and whispered looking deep into my eyes, "It's the same, dharmpatni." my breath hitched. 

Damn, his whispers. I am sure he knows some black magic, wherein when he whispers my breath stops. There is no other explanation.

He started moving towards the stairs. "Come on. Get ready. I need to show you something."

"Where?" I strided towards him but he was faster than me. "Offo"

This man is bossy. Even to me. And for some reason, I couldn't say anything. He may not be the devil, because I know how devils are- I've seen them- but he sure as hell keeps one trapped in him.

I huffed and walked towards the closet to get ready. He was already walking out wearing a pair of light blue cotton shirt and light khaki pants with round ray-bans tucked to his shirt's neck.

I spread my arms to stop him from moving out of the room. "You can't just ignore me. Now tell me where are you taking me." I scrunched my nose at him.

"I am not a kidnapper, Blossom. I am not taking you anywhere, we are going out together, for lunch."  he gave me the most heartthrobbing smile. His hands were tucked in his pants. Huh, a total brujo.

"But we just had breakfast. I am full."  I turned as he moved past me to the bed. 

"I didn't say just lunch," he emphasised the word. He picked up my bag from the nightstand beside him. "I packed your scrubs in this." he moved towards the door and said without looking at me, "Get ready Blossom.. I'll wait for you in the parking lot."

"Fine." I huffed. "But I am not changing," I said looking down at my chikankari kurta and jeans. 

"As you wish." he shrugged and moved out of the room. 

What? Does he not care about how his wife looks? Obviously, he doesn't. This is all fake. But isn't our agreement all about showing others that we are the happiest couple in the world?

Ughhh...He is so infuriating.

I moved to the closet and picked up a bottle that contained sindoor. When I was home, I didn't bother applying it. I anyways wore my nuptial chain and no one over here minded it. They were all chill about it. Even at the hospital, no one noticed that much. But when I go somewhere out, I make sure to wear sindoor and other items to make it look like I am happily invested in this marriage. After all that was the deal.

I straightened my hair and moved to the lift directly. I pushed the buttons to the parking lot and got in.

The parking lot was filled with luxurious cars and bikes. He particularly stood there near a black Harley-Davidson X440, holding my bag and with a jacket wearing Coco on the leash. He was talking to someone on the phone but hung up as soon as he saw me.

Odd.

"Girlfriend?" I asked walking towards him.

He gave his head a slight shake as the corner of his mouth lifted in a slight smirk. "Jealous, are we?"

"You wish Mr. Jindal." I returned his smirk and stood beside him. "Ab toh bata dijiye ki kaha chal rahe hain?"
(At least now can you tell where are we going?)

"Patience Mrs.Jindal." he turned to face his bike. I shook my head and bent to pick up Coco.

"You look so handsome, baby." I patted his head and he gave me his billion-dollar-worth smile.

Ahaan sat on his bike and put on his helmet passing another one to me. "Put this on and give me Coco."

"We are going on a bike" I raised my eyebrows.