CHAPTER 4: Ahaan is Mesmerised?

Ahaan

It was my third and last flight for the day but I was happy after I saw how happy my sister, Reet was at the merry thought of flying with me. She needs to join her college so I booked her the flight with me as the pilot. Unfortunately, I had a feeling this was not it. It felt like this day was about to get more interesting.

I stepped out of my seat and stretched my hands in the air before stepping out of the cockpit.

"Tiring day huhh? Good for you, you can go and take some rest, I still have one more flight in almost 2 hours." my copilot said looking at his watch.

"Good luck man." I said patting his back. "Neena? What's wrong? Why isn't the door open yet?"I enquired with one of the flight attendants.

"Sorry sir, they are having some prob-"

"Bhai!" my sister almost shouted from her seat cutting Neena mid-sentence.

An immediate smile formed on my lips seeing her. She stood at her seat near the window ,in second row to my left, next to some fine lady. Wait, I have seen her.Just as the thought struck my mind, her gaze landed on me and within 2 seconds all the color drained from her face.

'Oh my God!She is the girl who's rishta Mumma sent me.'

Wow she is prettier than her photos. Her exotic brown skin radiated strength she withheld in herself. Those soft pink lips that contrasted her skin speaking about the love and passion she tried hard to hide from the world. The small mole, which seemed even more tiny from where I stood accenuate her beautiful oval face. Those eyes. Oh those eyes. Her honey brown eyes held so many emotions at once which she hid so beautifully under those fluttery thick and long lashes.

Some man standing next to her nudged her, breaking both of our trance. He said something to her which I couldn't hear but who was this guy? Was he hitting on her? But she seemed pretty comfortable with him. Wait why am I thinking all of this it's none of my business.

The exit doors opened and the line started moving forward. All the while I was bidding the passengers a bye, my gaze kept sliding to her's . She stood behind the man who was nudging her before. The closer she got, the better I could see her. She wore an indigo kurti which was synched at her thin waist which she wore above a loose fit blue jeans. Her left wrist bore a rose gold leather strap watch and a black mark and spencer's handbag. Her hair was tied in a low loose, messy bun and a few hair strands hung loose. Her beautiful eyes were kohl rimmed and and those lims shined with some light pink glossy tint and that was it there was nothing else on her face. No makeup. She didn't need it.

Ooh boy! was she beautiful.

As she came into full view surprisingly she reached just above my shoulders giving her a height of almost 5'6". She smiled at me. OMG she smiled at me. Wait why was I behaving like a mesmerized teenager. But I should smile back, shouldn't I? Yeah I should, so I did. I passed her a wide smile. What are you doing Ahaan don't creep her out! Too late.... she was out of the plane.

Reet who stood just behind her came and hugged me, "You were good huhh" she smirked. "Bye Dr. Ira, Dr. Ansh", she waved at them and they waved back.Oh, so the nudger had a name. "I liked her you know? Now go ask her out!" Reet said looking at me. I thinned my brows 'how did she know?, Oh right the group chat, my brother must have sent her biodata on our cousin's group chat'. "GO!" she whisper shouted.

I don't know why my legs moved in her direction on the aerobridge. "Ira?",I called out. Why was I doing this, I should just go back. Too late, she turned and so did the nudger. "Hi, Ahaan Jindal", I extended my hand towards her.

"Dr. Ira Mehta."she said after a few moments, giving my hands a firm shake. She had a sweet yet powerful voice as I stared into her eyes. God she is soo beautiful.

"And I am Dr. Ansh Garg. Ira's friend and colleague." oh so the nudger was I took his hands anyways, but in a tight grip.

"I believe you know about it too?" Ira said, breaking my trance of thoughts. It? oh right. The rishta. She must know about it too.

"Yeah. Um...my mother...uh sh-she told me...um ab-about you." why was I stuttering?

"Yeah..um..me too..." well I wasn't the only one stuttering, she matched my nervousness.

"I..I should get back"

" Oh yeah ...me too...um..see you later?" she gave a cute gesture with her eyes.

" Yeah...Would you like some coffee? Say after 20 minutes. I just need to fill out some formalities"

"Right now? I mean..uh..."

"Oh no...I must be coming off as a creep.I am so sorry. If you don't want to I'll just get back. there's no prob-"

"No...I didn't mean that. 20 minutes sounds good. I'll wait at the 7th conveyer belt?" she did that cute eye gesture again.

"Ira? Sorry to interrupt. But Eka di must be waiting for us." her nudger friend interrupted us. Why was he here anyways?

"Yeah...you are right..I-I'm sorry Ahaan. I need to get going my sister is here to pick me up and I shouldn't make her wait." she apologised.

"No problem. You are right. My sister too is with me. Maybe some other day?"

"Sure"

"You guys should exchange numbers." the nudger said. Atleast he had some sense.

"Yeah give me your phone, I'll give you my number" Ira said.

I immediately pulled my phone out and put it off airplane mode before passing it to her and she passed me her's.

" Here" we both said together passing other person's phone back.

After a moment we bid each other, she moves in the direction of the airport along with the nudger while I return back to plane to Reet.

"Chivalrous much." she says as I reach near her.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Badi ma sends you a match, you meet her on the plane you were flying, she passes you a gentle smile and you return a creepy and cheeky one, you go out to ask herout for coffee.."

I interrupt her, 'You could listen?" I look up at all the other crew members standing, "You all listened?" I can't believe this. They heard me talking to her? OH MY GOD. This is so embarassing.

"...then her 'friend' points out that they need to go and she says to reschedule it so you ask her, her number?" she starts speaking ignoring what I said. "Gentlemanly much."

I look up to see everyone trying there best to not laugh.

Did I just made fun of myself?

.

.

.

.

Did you like the chapter?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow.

Have a great day everyone<3