CHAPTER 38: No Blood Please

Sorry for the late update. I got caught up in my studies so I couldn't posy before. Besides I don't think it was much of a problem given only 3 people vote.

Ira

First, he managed my panic attack, then he made me breakfast because I didn't like the one that was made and now, he brought me to his safe place. And don't even get me started on the rings, balloons, flowers, proposal, and lunch. He almost had me crying happy tears with all the big gestures. 

Disclaimer: It's never happened.

But there were a few things I couldn't understand myself. Why did he take me to a place almost sacred to him? Why did he make the rings? Was there a need for a proposal too? And why did I hug him? Not only that, I even invited him to my workspace. 

What am I going to do when he comes inside? Introduce him to everyone? Yeah. I can do that. Everyone knows I am married and with the introduction of my hot-as-hell husband, they'd even believe it. But the most important question-

'Where the hell do I keep these flowers?'

I've never had flowers sent to my workspace. I've never been surprised like that before. 

I enter into the locker room and change into a fresh pair of scrubs and my doctor's coat. I stuff my clothes in my locker and my gaze falls upon my left hand. The white flower is a stark contrast to my brown skin. But with the rose pink ring, it feels like...like it is where it belongs. 

"Kya baat hai? Balloons and flowers?" I startle at the sudden voice behind me and turn to see Muskaan in her light pink OB-GYN scrubs. 
(Balloons and flowers? What's the matter?)

"Oh! You scared me." I keep a hand over my chest, trying to stop my racing heart.

"Chal ab bata. Kya hai yeh sab?" She cocked an eyebrow while pointing at my bag and the flowers I took out and rested beside it, on the bench.
(Now tell, what's all this?)

"Kya? Kuch bhi toh nhi." I tried to shrug off the question and moved toward the bench where the flowers were. I picked them up and moved to the water cooler. I poured some water into a glass kept the flowers in it and placed it on the round table in the center. "Could you please ask the cleaner to not throw this?" I asked without looking at her.
(What? It's nothing.)

"Sure. First, tell me what happened?" she said walking to me.

"Nothing." I fained but the look she cast in my direction had me telling her the truth.

"Oh, my God. That's so cute. Especially the rings." She cupped her cheeks as her mouth dropped in awe.

"Ok. Fine. No more. Let's go." I walked out of the scrub room after tying the balloons to my locker handle. As I step out my phone went off with 'Captain Clumsy' flashing on the screen.

Damn! He must be waiting for me.

I pick up the phone, "Hey..so sorry. I didn't tell you where to meet me-" Before I could complete my sentence I was cut off in between with a female voice from the other side, "Who's this? Where is Ahaan?.... Oh, my God. I am coming."

"What happened?" Muskaan speaks from my left.

"Ahaan fainted." 

"What?" Muskaan's voice was distant as I raced to the emergency room.

As I reached the emergency room, I spot Mrs. Iyer, our nurse in charge, who was standing beside, Ahaan who tried to reason out of the bed. His face held a scowl at her, as he tries to take off the IV needle from his arm.