CHAPTER 42: Dancing in the Rain

Ahaan

Until a month ago, I thought crosswind landings were the toughest. I couldn't be more wrong. Breathing in this thick-with-tension air is. It hasn't been more than two minutes into our journey and it already feels like an eternity since I last spoke.

The woman's intimidating as fuck.

And you know what the worst part is?
The loud rain intensifying this silence.

I pull out my phone from my pant pocket and hand it over to her. "Here." I try my best to keep my voice unwavering and firm. Her doe eyes move to me and...

Fuck me.

"What?" her voice was squeaky. So the tigress is actually a cute little mouse?

Interesting.

"You were mad at me for hanging up on you. 'am sorry. Take this phone and play the music of your liking." I didn't dare look at her.

Sorry, but she is too precious to let her in an accident because her idiot husband can't take his eyes off his wife.

Oh God. I'm turning into a teenager again.

She huffed a breath and took the phone from my hands, careful not to touch me.

She entered our anniversary and the screen unlocked.

Hey! Everyone uses their birthday their partner's birthday or their anniversary as their passcode.

"What's the device's name?" I could feel her gaze on my face.

"Kiss for password."

"Excuse me?" She almost yelled.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no. No. I mean...that's not what not I mean." I panicked.

'Damn you, Karan.'

"Then what do you mean?" The tigress was back.

"I-Its" I gulped and took in a deep breath to relax my voice. Intimidating enough. "It's Karan's car. He kept that name as a cheap pickup line. I am not a creep I was not trying to lure you or anything." I swore.

Oh, my God. I'm gonna kill Karan.

"Oh." She leaned back in her seat and laughed.

Oh, Thank God.

I let out a sigh of relief, I didn't know I was holding, stiffling my own laughter.

"Oh, Karan." She giggled.

I'll kill you, Karan.

"He's just like you. Using cheap pickup lines."

"I so don't use cheap pickup lines. I don't us pickup lines at all." I don't.

"Oh, you so do." She side-eyed me.

How she turns her pretty doe eyes into siren ones, I'd never know.

"I don't. Cheesy? Maybe. Cliché? Sometimes. But not creep. Never creep. And definitely not pickup lines. I just flirt sometimes...casually." I cast a sideways glance

"Okay. I take my words back. Your lines aren't creepy. But they definitely are super cheesy." She raised her hands in defence.

"I thought you like cheese," I smirked.

She huffed and started scrolling through my phone.

"You a swiftie?"She typed into my phone, to find a playlist of her choice.

"A what?"

"Are you a Taylor Swift fan?" She didn't look up.

"Who's he?"