CHAPTER 39: Ira is Tensed

Ahaan

I'm not too fond of this but Laila is my most prized possession. Not in the sense of money but in sense of emotions. I waited for almost 5 years for it to be launched in India. And I'm pretty sure I was the first one to buy her. And if she says she can ride well, she can. A bike or....something else. But this is Laila!

Talk about being married huh? Better yet to a surgeon.

I mean, she can have my phone. I gave her that. She could even browse through it. Look through my browser history even, can have anything she wants, but Laila? No. Laila is my baby. My first love.

Worst thing? I couldn't even argue because I might have lied about why I fainted, somethings are just better left unspoken, so I didn't wanna fight her. And also my beautiful wife had a necessary surgery. I couldn't even wish her all the best. 

Oh my, God.

What's wrong with me? 

Since when do I think so much about wishing all the best to someone? 

Thinking of this, I never go down on my knees for someone either. Well, not for a proposal at least. Neither do I make rings out of balloon lips or flowers, like a six-year-old, nor do I spend an hour punching a bag thinking about what happened so wrong to my wife that she had an episode.

But she's worth it.

Oh, she's worth so much more. The way she handles my family, even though there isn't any need for that. The attitude she puts up at work. The way she has me on my knees. I mean metaphorically,for now.

Just her smile is enough to make me forget that the rest of the world exists. Our banters are the best parts of my day. And when she cries...it breaks something inside of me. 

Since the very beginning, when I met her, I have seen a wall behind those rich caramel eyes. I have seen her strong-headed. Decisive. Independent. Steadfast. But last night was different. The wall she always held up was down. And the show of strength she displayed was all gone. Left was the pain. 

Raw, cruel pain. 

And it was so deep-rooted. 

And I know, technically I have no rights, but I wanna take her pain away. I just... I don't want her to suffer any more than she already has and God knows how long has that been going on for. 

Since last night, this is all I could think of. That's why I took her to that place. I hate sharing but with her, it doesn't feel like sharing. It feels like all those things belonged to her, and now everything's complete. Be it my room, my family, Laila, my safe place, or my life.

After picking up Coco from the park and wishing Laila bye (Oh! I really wanna see her again) I took the car to Aarav's home. I had to log into my dark side and my bestfriend was the only one who knew that.

By the time I reached home, it was already past midnight so what does a common-married man do? 

Yeah, I jerked off. 

Would you blame me though? Her thoughts are way too much.

Those honeycomb eyes, those long sun-kissed tresses, and those lips. Lord save me.

I did resort to sleeping on the bed later on. Already missing her presence. Not me. Coco. He was restless. I guess he's accustomed to her presence.

 I woke up to the shutting of the door. The sky was still dark outside, so it must be early morning hours. Her shadow moved toward the bathroom door and the light from inside blinded my vision, before it shut again and the faint sound of water pouring from the shower filled the otherwise silent room.