Opening Night of HSM 3 - P1

After many long hours of rehearsals, it was opening night already and everyone was taking their seats in the crowd. "I'm so excited." Ricky spoke with a lot of energy. "Me too, us playing Troy and Gabriella." Gina said back as they kissed and she headed out the changing room. I walked into the changing room to help with last minute touches on make-up and costumes. "Okay, everyone. Since Nini isn't here, she asked me to hand out some cards. Warning, my handwriting sucks." Ricky announced and everyone walked towards him to retrieve a card "don't look at this or I'll cry." Ricky repeated every time he handed out the cards. "Has anyone seen Gina? Gina?" Ricky asked as she was right in front of him a few minutes ago, but everyone shook their heads "outstanding." He whispered under his breathe. "Did I miss half-hour call? And does it matter if I'm not in the show?" EJ asked as he entered the room.

"EJ!" Me, Carlos, Ash and Kourt all shouted in sync "I'm so glad you came." Ricky spoke as they hugged "sitting out there, watching you guys is the second best place in the world." "Where's the first place?" I asked "getting to be onstage for one more show, but those days are behind me." EJ replied. "Biggie!" Ash spoke as he walked into the room "I'm not here, but if you notice someone in the audience screaming, crying, throwing up, those are all things that I do." He explained as Ricky gave him a hug too. "okay, security, a cute audience member has made his way backstage." Carlos spoke as he walked towards Seb "guilty. Of being cute." Seb said with a chuckle. They had their little conversation as Maddie hugged me from behind "hey." She said with a smile "hey." "What's wrong?" "Nothing, all good." "No you're not, what's up?" "Okay, you love Ash. Right?" "I like her as a friend, but not love her." "Alright." "Hey, I love you and I want to be with you." She said to reassure me and kissed my lips.

"Is our friend paying us a visit?" I asked EJ "yes, he's also bringing the present." "Alright, this is happening." I spoke as he gave me a warm hug. "Hi! Hi!" Gina said as she ran into the room "G, hey. Where have you been?" Ricky asked "too much to explain." Gina said out of breath "do you have a minute? There's something I wanna say to you." Ricky asked her "I have something to tell you too." "I think, I wanna go first this time." Rick spoke. "Wildcats! This is your five-minute call!" Maddie shouted as she started to flicker the lights and everyone screamed "you guys don't do the lights thing?" Maddie asked "we thought you'd be dead again." I spoke as we both laughed and she walked away. "Okay, change of plan. Meet me in the dressing room at intermission." "Sneaking around for old times' sake. I like it." Gina said as they kissed.

"Alright guys. Circle up. Hands. My babies, I know that some of you are disappointed that we don't have the auditorium tonight because Quinn and her band of Hollywood elites have secured it for some other kind of event. But tonight, after promising the principal that this is now an unofficial event, we have the homecoming gym and an audience of loved ones and each other. And we have our dreams. And to quote a wise coach 'you only have two hours left to be a team.' So, go out there and hold each other close tonight because you never know who might be taking flight tomorrow." Miss Jenn finished her speech "places!" Maddie shouted and everyone screamed excitedly and ran out of the room to the gym.

I stood behind Maddie as she took control of getting the people to their places. The first song was 'Now or Never' and everyone was doing very well especially Gina and Ricky. "They're amazing." Maddie whispered to me "I agree." I whispered back as I intertwined my hand hand with hers. The song finished and everyone exited the stage, I kissed Maddie's hand and walked out into the corridor to be met with Dewey Wood "you made it." "This is not an easy school to find." "It's practically a national landmark." "Not when you're using a compass and a headlamp." "So, EJ spoke to you." "Yes." He said as he pulled out a box from his bag "I believe this is what you were looking for. Direct from Shallow Lake." He spoke as he handed me the box "thank you so much." I said as I gently took it. "You drove here for this?" I asked "hardly." He scoffed "I was on my way to Wyoming where I spend my winters hilt tenting in the cold." "Why?" "No children around for a hundred miles." "Of course." "Hey, this is none of my business but you and Gadget... I like you too." He said with a smile as I smiled back.

"Hey, Mr. Wood. Could we do it just one time?" I asked and he nodded "Dewey Wood?" "Yes, I would." He said as we both chuckled. "Safe travels." I said as he walked away and I smiled to myself at the gift in my hands. I hid the present with my stuff in Miss Jenn's office and then walked back to watch Carlos' and Kourt's duet 'I Want It All' song which they were smashing it together.