A Night in the Woods - P2

Everyone was huddled around the campfire as Maddox introduced 'Rocket Man' to sing the traditional song "this one is called the 'Ballad of Shallow Lake' and every word is true." EJ spoke, trying to scare us, I was having nothing of it as it's a song that was quite catchy actually. Everyone was taking this as a joke but I saw Kourtney's face and she was actually terrified of the words in the song.

"Um, is that a really true story?" Kourtney asked "that song is basically a documentary." Maddox explained. "Quick follow-up..." Kourtney spoke with a chuckle "I actually have a lot of homework, but the amazing Maddox will explain it all." EJ spoke as he headed off back to his tent. "Okay let's see. Who here likes ghost stories?" Maddox asked "I definitely do!" Me, Nini and Ricky shouted as we raised our hands which made some people laugh including Maddox. "Then it's time for you all to hear the story of the Women in the Woods." Maddox spoke with her torch shining underneath her chin "ooo." I spoke which Maddox chuckled at. "See, that's a no for me." Kourtney spoke as she was already scared.

"Camp Shallow Lake was founded a long, long time ago by a married couple." Maddox started. "Mr. John Fine and Mrs. Susan Fine. Everybody loved Mrs. Fine. She was kind. Had a voice of an angel." When Maddox said this line there was voice in the background of the forest, we all looked around a bit frightened to believe that this story maybe true. "And she had a sweet tooth, unmatched. She always had a bag of Twizzlers in hand. But tragedy struck on a night a lot like... tonight!" Maddox paused after "like" and then shouted the last word louder and made me fall off the log "you okay?" Nini asked me as I sat back up, I nodded and saw Maddox smiling at me, as I smiled back her confidence grew to tell the rest of the ghost story.

"It was the very first Newbie Initiation Campout night. Legend says Mrs. Fine heard a faint whistling sound deep within the woods. So, she wondered out there. All by herself." Maddox pointed the light at Kourtney as she spoke which made Kourtney really frightened. "Wait. What did she find?" Ricky asked with his hand up "was it Corbin Bleu's helicopter?" Jet asked as he earned a few laughters. "No. She was out in the woods for so long, she never came home." Maddox answered. "I know that feeling." Jet commented again, I saw Maddox change emotion as she tried to carry on the story "this happened fifty years ago and ever since that night. Mrs. Fine has been wondering around the woods. Hungry, lost and angry." Maddox finished "hey guys, am I Susan Fine?" Jet spoke again, he earned a few chuckles "dude, just let Maddox finish the story then you can make your stupid jokes." I spoke as I looked back at Maddox who felt a bit embarrassed, angry and then she walked off.

"Maddie, wait." Jet spoke as we watched Maddox walk away. I shook my head and quickly got up and followed her to see that she went back to her tent "hey, Maddox?" I spoke "yeah?" "Can I come in?" I asked nervously, she unzipped the tent and welcomed me inside "hey." I spoke as we faced each other, I saw a tear and pulled out a tissue from my pocket and handed it to her. "Are you okay?" I asked her "yeah, I just wished that story went better without Jet." "Hey, I fell off the log. That story was pretty convincing to me." I spoke as she chuckled. "Thank you." She said with a small smile, she held one of my hands in hers "could you stay here tonight?" "Are you scared of the Women in the Woods?" I asked "no." She said with a chuckle. "Sure, I believe you." I said with a smile.

I settled in my sleeping bag and saw Maddox watching me "what is it?" "This is going to probably sound crazy-." "What is it?" I asked as I cut her off "Do you sleep better with me close to you?" "It may sound weird but it's true and you are honestly the most beautiful and funny girl I have ever met." "That means a lot to me." "Well, I meant every word I said." I smiled at her as I laid down and she cuddled up to me and she rested her head on my chest "is this okay?" She asked me, I only held her tighter and we soon finally fell asleep.