Auditions

I woke up from the bright light of the sun and saw Maddox was gone, I smiled at the memory of what happened last night between me and Maddox. I got up and started to get ready for the day, I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair into a tight ponytail and then got changed into some grey joggers and a plain black t-shirt. I sprayed my deodorant outside so no-one will get suffocated by the gas inside, I walked back inside to see the other girls starting to get ready for the day.

The door opened again and I got dragged outside by Maddox "good morning to you too." I spoke once she let go of my arm. "Good morning. I just wanted to let you know that what happened last night can't happen again." She said looking down to her feet "it's alright, I'm just happy I could actually get a good night sleep because it's been exhausting." I spoke as she chuckled at my answer. "If I made you uncomfortable, I'm really sorry about that." Maddox shook her head. "I haven't hurt your feelings have I?" Maddox asked "no, of course you haven't. We're good, don't worry." I spoke with a smile and she gave me a hug around the neck and let go in seconds.

"OH MY GOD!" I heard Ashlyn shout from inside and both me and Maddox ran back inside "is everything okay?" We both asked "it's auditions today!" She shouted again "for Frozen and the documentary thing?" I asked and they all looked at me disappointedly as I had no clue what was actually going on. "Yes and I'm going for the lead, Elsa." Gina spoke excitedly "sounds like you brought Gina 1.0 to camp." Ashlyn spoke "No, not at all." Gina tried to defend herself "who are you auditioning as Y/n?" Nini asked me "I'm actually not auditioning, I'll be playing the piano whilst you guys sing the songs for your part." I said with smile "you play instruments?" Ashlyn asked me "yep, piano and guitar." I spoke.

The girls were finally finished getting ready and we started to walk to the main building: The Barn. Once we entered there stood Ricky "well isn't it Ricky Bowen?" Nini asked and he turned around quickly "hey." He said with a smile "hey, when did you get here?" "This morning, ready for the auditions." "You going to 'Zefron' this again?" "Maybe." He said with a smile and hugged Nini. "Y/n, could you set yourself up on the piano please?" EJ spoke "okay, director." I said sarcastically as I sat myself on the piano and started playing 'Let It Go' to warm myself up.

I finished and looked up to see everyone staring at me "what?" I asked and they showed big smiles on their faces. "Alright, hi guys I'm Val. Let me welcome the director of the play... EJ himself." She spoke as everyone gave him an applause but were still unsure about it. "Let's get these auditions started!" Val shouted, I started playing 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?' as everyone sang along to find out what character they got. They all sounded amazing, every now and then me and Maddox would smile at each other as I saw her from behind the curtains, she would smile back and a shade of pink would cover her cheeks.

They finished singing and I finished on the piano and I gave them an applause as they applauded me as well "so, where are the scripts?" Kourtney asked EJ. "Scripts?" EJ asked "for the scene work auditions?" Gina asked. "We're doing a show with no scripts? What is this?" Carlos asked. "Yo. Mr. Director-Man. Where would you want us all to stand?" Ricky asked. "Can everyone just wait one second? Please?" EJ asked as he was slightly panicking. "What if they just acted out the lyrics from the song?" Maddox suggested "you know like a dramatic reading. But I don't know, I'm just a stage manager." Maddox added as she regretted speaking "no, that's a great idea." I spoke from the piano to reassure Maddox.

Kourtney spoke the words of 'Let It Go' "don't let them in, don't let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don't feel. Put on a show." She finished when it got interrupted by some guy opening the doors loudly. "Sorry. Auditions started over an hour ago." Maddox spoke with crossed arms, I watched him about to leave when EJ started to speak "it's okay. Everyone's welcome to try out." He spoke "I'm not so sure about this." The guy spoke nervously "nobody's judging you." EJ added, Ricky handed him a sheet with the words of the song. He started to sing 'For The First Time In Forever' quite good actually, soon I added in the piano and smiled at him to keep going.

He finished and everyone gave him an applause, even me, but then he just walked out of the Barn. "Who was that guy?" I asked "that's Jet." Ricky spoke. "He was pretty good." Ashlyn spoke as most people agreed with her. "Hey, could I talk to you about something?" Ashlyn whispered to me "sure." We walked out and sat on the bench just outside the Barn. "What's up?" "You know Maddox?" "Yeah." "Is she single?" "Yeah, she is." I spoke, Ashlyn nodded then walked away. I watched her walk away as we're both thinking the same thing about how Maddox is beautiful and funny but mostly how gorgeous she is.

We all noticed the whole day was gone and it was already dark and now time for bedtime. We all walked back to the cabins and got our beauty sleep, whereas for me, I didn't sleep one bit and I could already hear birds chirping outside which is never a good sign. I laid in bed as everyone else was fast asleep in their little worlds of imagination.