Chapter 42

-SILAS POV-

I sit down on my fathers bed as he zips up his suitcase.

I clear my throat, letting him know I'm in the room. He looks up and gives me a gentle smile.

"You okay, sweetheart?" He asks.

I nod. "Just need to ask you something." I tell him.

He puts his suitcase down and turns his body towards me, telling me that I have all his attention.

"Is it alright if Ramiro and Manuel fly with us back to Italy?"  I ask. He would probably say yes to Manuel but I don't really know about Ramiro. Either way he's coming with us.

His face contorts into a thinking expression as he stares at the ceiling.

After a minute of thinking he shrugs. "Yeah I mean why not— wait ramiro is here?"

I start to remember that my father does not know about Ramiro's position with the mafia. I hum. "Yeah, he hacks for the mafias sometimes. I saw him at the gala." I explain.

His mouth makes a 'o' shape. "I would've never expected it from him, how is he after the attack."

I stare down at the rings that sit on my finger and I start to fondle with them. "He was shot in the arm." I tell him, my voice oddly quiet. "But he's doing well, I saw him at the hospital."

He slowly nods as he stares at me with a soft gaze, he brings a hand up to my head and firmly pats it. "We'll be leaving soon, let them know." He says.

I nod and stand up from my bed, not knowing what to do with myself as I stand awkwardly in the middle of the room.

He raises an eyebrow. "Go away now, child."

I roll my eyes as I bite back a smile, my cheeks hurt from the amount of smiling I have done for the past few days. I have to admit it feels nice to be able to smile especially with the people I love.

I turn to walk out of the room and I bump into a hard chest, reminding me of when I almost got a concussion from Lorenzo flinging me back into a wall.

I look up at my brother Dante and he rolls his eyes. "Move, idiot." He says.

"Asshole." I mutter before walking past him.

"Yeah, love you too." He yells.

I give him the finger before walking into my room.

I have to finish packing. I walk up to my almost filled up suit case, adding more clothes until I see that Lucian's shirts is what's left.

I feel my eyes start to water but I quickly push them back, swallowing the lump in my throat I neatly fold the shirts and place them in my suitcase.

I sniffle before taking a deep breath. I close my eyes, taking in the silence but that silence was short lived when I hear a knock at my door.

I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand before walking up to the door and opening it. Rocco grins before limping into my room.