Chapter 19

SILAS POV
Silas's dream
TW: ABUSE

"Im sick of you Silas." A angry Maria exclaims from the kitchen.

All I asked for was some food.

I roll my eyes from where I'm sitting which is in the living room

Maria walks into the living room with a bowl of soup in her hands and she walks up to me pushing the bowl towards me, causing some of the hot liquid to spill on my arm.

I don't react as it slightly burns my skin, nothing too serious.

"Eat faster." Maria spits.

I quicken the pace as I eat, when I finish maria harshly grabs the bowl and points a finger towards me.

"This is the only thing your eating today." She says. "Don't ask me for a damn thing."

I nod my head. Her cooking tastes like ass anyway.

She walks back into the living room and glares at me "where's Serena." She asks.

I perk up at sound of hearing Serena's name.

"She's in her room." I reply.

"Tell her to get her ass down here right now." Maria spits out.

I furrow my eyebrows "Why?" I question. Maria snaps her head towards me and I instantly knew that is was wrong to ask.

"Get her now before I beat the shit out of you." She says.

I bite the inside of me cheek and reluctantly get up from the couch and walking towards the stairs to go to Serena's room.

I knock on her door and I hear a small 'come in'

I walk in and my gaze goes to Serena who is smiling happily at me.

"Hey Silas." She says with a grin. I know what I'm about to tell her right now is gonna ruin her mood and I feel horrible about it.

I give her a small smile "Uhm Maria wants you downstairs." I say. Her smile instantly drops and her eyes widen fear.

"Don't worry Serena I'll protect you." I say with a big grin.

She gives me a sad smile and stands up to hold my hand. We both walk out of her room and go down the stairs hand in hand.

We walk into the living room and I see Maria chugging a bottle of alcohol. My hand instantly tightens on Serena's hands as she does the same.

Maria stops and looks at the both of us with a disgusted look on her face "Listen you whores I know one of you forgot to clean the dishes, now who's turn was it to clean them." She says, her voice laced with anger.

It was Serenas.

But I don't say that and before Serena can admit that it was her I quickly stop her.