Chapter 2

SALVATORE POV

It's been 12 years since our little rays of sunshine got taken from us. We've tried everything. We work for the mafia for fucks sake and we couldn't even protect them.

-12 YEARS AGO- 
Me and My wife are sitting on the porch watching our kids while they play with huge smiles across their faces. My wife Alessia has Serena on her lap while watching the sunset. I look around for Silas and see her playing on the ground covered in mud.

What I've realized is that Silas and Serena are total opposites. While Serena likes watching the sunset Silas likes watching the moon and stars. Serena loves dresses Silas hates them. You would think that a 4 year old old girl would love to dress up and play princess. No not Silas. We handed her a barbie once and she tried to rip its head off. Is it weird to be afraid of my 4 year old daughter?

I snap out of my thoughts and realize that it's getting late. "Boys it's time to go inside and get ready for bed" I say. They stop doing what they were doing and look at me with a frown nonetheless they run towards the porch coming up the steps and all go through the front door one by one.
I stand and go over to where Silas is and pick her up she looks up at me and smiles. I smile back. "Hey munchkin I think a certain someone needs a bath no?" I say. "yeah you" Silas says giggling. I stare at her dumbfounded. "Where do you get this from hm?" I say grinning. "Hmmm" she puts a finger on her chin. "Mama" she says.

I look over at Alessia as soon as I do she looks away and stands up quickly to walk to the door. Yeah definitely gonna have to talk later. "Alright let's go and get you washed up" I say while walking up the porch stairs heading to the front door. When I walk in I see our maid Maria eyeing me Silas notices this and gives her a mini glare.
Ive tried to fire her many times but Alessia doesn't allow it we've argued many times about it and all she says is that shes innocent. Innocent or not shes annoying as fuck. I see her staring at Silas for a little too long. I hold Silas closer to me and walk past Maria as I make my way to the staircase.

ONE HOUR LATER
I finished tucking the kids into bed and I'm now making my way towards me and Alessia's room. I walk in and see Alessia on the bed reading a book she looks up and smiles at me and I smile back as I make my way to my closet to change into some pajamas. After I change I head to the bathroom to do my night routine. After I'm done with that I head out of the bathroom and walk towards the bed. As I sit down I grab the book from Alessia's hands

She looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "You know... Silas has your attitude" I say.

"I don't know what your talking about" she says as she lays down turning her back towards me

"Mhm right" I say as I roll my eyes. I lay down and grab Alessia's waist pulling her towards me. "I still don't like Maria" I say.

Alessia sighs. "You've had a bad feeling about her for awhile now if she was planning on doing something she would have done it by now just go to sleep Salvatore everything is fine" she says reassuringly.

I'm silent for a moment. "I guess your right goodnight Alessia" I say in an unsure tone

"Goodnight Salvatore" she says tiredly

I close my eyes in hope for sleep to take me.

ONE HOUR LATER

I still can't sleep I look over at Alessia and she's sound asleep. I have this bad feeling that hasn't gone away and I don't know why.