Chapter 43

SILAS POV

The plane ride back from England is very interesting.

Ramiro and my family have been getting along pretty well, my father seems to like him along with my brothers. And Serena keeps giving me teasing looks every once in awhile.

I watch as Ramiro laughs with my father and Manuel, oh not to mentions Ramiro and Manuel have grown fond of eachother.

I think a little to fond

Manuel gets up from his seat to sit next to me. "I approve." He says.

I turn my head towards him with furrowed brows. "Hm?"

He points to Ramiro. "He's a good guy." He tells me. He nudges my shoulder. "Keep him."

I look back at Ramiro as he converses with my family, I feel my gaze soften as I watch him smile.

"I plan on it." I say.

Manuel chuckles. "Your in deep."

I snap my head towards him and roll my eyes. "Shut up."

"No, ma'am." He says with a grin.

"Your doing it again." I tell him.

He furrows his eyebrows. "What?"

"Pretending your okay." I explain.

His grin fumbles but he quickly puts a smile on his face. "I'm oka—" he starts but I cut him off with a light slap to his cheek.

He turns his head back to me with his jaw ajar and eyes wide. "What the hell?"

"Stop lying." I tell him.

"Stop being so pushy." He says as he holds his cheek. I shake my head. "I've told you, your like a brother to me so I'm going to treat you like one." I say.

His shoulders fall as he stares down at the ground. He puts his elbows on his knees as he runs a hand down his face.

I sigh and pat Manuel's shoulder. "You have to let yourself grieve Manuel, this isn't easy to deal with and it's not helping if you don't let yourself feel something."

"Coming from someone who should take their own fucking advice." He snaps.

I bite my tongue as my legs starts to bounce, I try my best to stay quiet as I realize he's really on edge right now.

I sigh again. "This isn't about me, the reason why I'm telling this shit to you is because I don't want you to bottle up your feelings, doing that only makes things worse and then one day you'll just snap and say or do things that you don't mean." I tell him in a calm tone.

He lets out a breath before turning to me. "I'm sorry for snapping at you."

I shrug, leaning back in my seat. "I'm not sorry for slapping you."

He chuckles and leans back as well. "Trust me.. I know."

"Hey guys." A new voice says.